OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you remove the tank and flip the stand upside down to verify that it sits flushed against the floor and no gaps?

Likewise placing the tank on the floor and check if the gap exists.

One or the other above should reveal a gap I'm assuming
The gap getting smaller lol

Attachments

• IMG_1139.jpeg
    IMG_1139.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1141.jpeg
    IMG_1141.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 55

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m dealing with this gap issue with my new waterbox as well. I have the 110.4, but I believe all of the new models come aluminum with to top platform, just the frame. The leveling mat could arguably be compressed in certain areas from shipping and resting on other surfaces.

The stand’s build connects the 2 side walls with 4ft bars between, then you have the middle supports. Statistically the are imperfections in the “level-ness” of the bars, and the mat is supposed to accommodate. However, my back right bar has what seems like a design flaw, because it is slightly angled. That imbalance makes it a nuclear war trying to level the stand after putting the tank on.
5D339622-CF60-4671-BA6F-B535B90FC56D.jpeg

Like @RaymondL and others have mentioned. The logic/science doesn’t make sense on the weight distribution.
OPs gaps would change from adjustments to the leveling feet but then he’d be arguably unlevel. A better design would have been to make a solid, one piece, leveled rectangle top frame to rest the tank on, connecting in 8 places promotes unnecessary push and pull, raising and lowering connected pieces when tightening. The screws to assemble these are not typical, so you can’t keep them a little loose and adjust while all connecting, like other assemblies.

Anyway.. I don’t feel comfortable moving forward with the setup. My tile floors are a little unlevel, but the feet adjusted for it, before the tank went on. This is something that would need to be handled over a phone call, not emails. I’m waiting to hear back from Waterbox, so we’ll see what they say. In other words, I’m glad you got resolution OP, didn’t mean to hijack your thread, but it seems to be an ongoing inquisition over this leveling for a few. It may be ok today, but long term, uneven distribution is a recipe for disaster, to floors, furniture and livestock.

Here is some more pics of mine. Green, support. Red, no support. Adjustments to the leveling feet changes the red/green, but never found any balance. Envelope slips through with ease. I’m looking to get some upgraded leveling feet, but need more details.

19A9E1D0-6B08-4467-9F43-20E9A7AE2361.jpeg

C683264C-4278-4D7B-88E8-70AD56B3C63E.jpeg

3F5378F3-925F-4314-BADD-4E70C650224B.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m dealing with this gap issue with my new waterbox as well. I have the 110.4, but I believe all of the new models come aluminum with to top platform, just the frame. The leveling mat could arguably be compressed in certain areas from shipping and resting on other surfaces.

The stand’s build connects the 2 side walls with 4ft bars between, then you have the middle supports. Statistically the are imperfections in the “level-ness” of the bars, and the mat is supposed to accommodate. However, my back right bar has what seems like a design flaw, because it is slightly angled. That imbalance makes it a nuclear war trying to level the stand after putting the tank on.

Like @RaymondL and others have mentioned. The logic/science doesn’t make sense on the weight distribution.
OPs gaps would change from adjustments to the leveling feet but then he’d be arguably unlevel. A better design would have been to make a solid, one piece, leveled rectangle top frame to rest the tank on, connecting in 8 places promotes unnecessary push and pull, raising and lowering connected pieces when tightening. The screws to assemble these are not typical, so you can’t keep them a little loose and adjust while all connecting, like other assemblies.

Anyway.. I don’t feel comfortable moving forward with the setup. My tile floors are a little unlevel, but the feet adjusted for it, before the tank went on. This is something that would need to be handled over a phone call, not emails. I’m waiting to hear back from Waterbox, so we’ll see what they say. In other words, I’m glad you got resolution OP, didn’t mean to hijack your thread, but it seems to be an ongoing inquisition over this leveling for a few. It may be ok today, but long term, uneven distribution is a recipe for disaster, to floors, furniture and livestock.

Here is some more pics of mine. Green, support. Red, no support. Adjustments to the leveling feet changes the red/green, but never found any balance. Envelope slips through with ease. I’m looking to get some upgraded leveling feet, but need more details.

Hey man im sorry you’re going through this as well. Hope waterbox solve this issue for you. My situation has been solved luckily. When the tank is filled with water the matt compressed on all the edges leaving no gaps. Obviously i had to empty the tank to start filling with saltwater soon so i have very tiny gaps now on the edges. And beside i had waterbox confirmation through email and chat that the gaps situation is normal so if anything god forbird to happen they are 100% responsible. Dont forget their tanks actually float at the front. Like literally float the front the whole front panel doesnt have support. And thats how theu are designed. So yeah. I mean if u think about it their whole front floats. And im here being worried about tiny gaps at the corner. My situation is different than yours maybe not sure? Try to fill it with tap and see what happens. And i also do not have those gaps at the metal bar. Mine was sitting completely flush just had those tiny gaps at the edges. And when i filled it like i mentioned witj tap water the matt decompressed and gaps were gone i couldnt fit a paper anymore.

Last edited:

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the short changed me on the leveling mats for my tank because there was a piece in the front of the tank that wasn't there. It wasn't until finishing the assembly that's I knew the reason why they did it is so you could close the door LOL

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the short changed me on the leveling mats for my tank because there was a piece in the front of the tank that wasn't there. It wasn't until finishing the assembly that's I knew the reason why they did it is so you could close the door LOL
What do you mean?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what do you mean the short?

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what do you mean the short?
My apologies, I thought water box short changed me on the leveling mat. There was maybe an inch or so at the front of the tank that didn't have the rubber mat and I was thinking they must have not measured correctly but they do trim the mat back just enough so it doesn't catch on the door when you close up the cabinet.

MommaGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Curious if you have an official response from WB? I have a very similar issue, although a much smaller tank. My frame basically comes slightly up in two opposite corners, so the tank (empty) sits with a huge gap in one corner and a small gap in the opposite. Waiting to hear what they say, but I am not feeling great about it.

I really don't get why they didn't make a solid top or pre assemble the top and bottom pieces to ensure the surfaces are more flat. I think this is how Innovative Marine does theirs.

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if you have an official response from WB? I have a very similar issue, although a much smaller tank. My frame basically comes slightly up in two opposite corners, so the tank (empty) sits with a huge gap in one corner and a small gap in the opposite. Waiting to hear what they say, but I am not feeling great about it.

I really don't get why they didn't make a solid top or pre assemble the top and bottom pieces to ensure the surfaces are more flat. I think this is how Innovative Marine does theirs.

I never filled the tank, it’s just hanging out. I just messaged them to request a new cabinet or alternative cabinet that would fit the tank. I’m waiting to hear back. I moved it to a level floor and the distribution is still junk. They should have made a fixed aluminum frame to go on top, or top piece. There are too many independent pieces, and the uneven stress on this rimless tank WILL have an eventual consequence, who knows how long. I’m looking to sell it or build another cabinet, either way I feel ripped off.

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Update: Waterbox looked at the top piece and was kind enough to send me a replacement. The new H piece is perfectly level. I put an innovative marine 48”x24” leveling mat on the top of the metal frame to give it a bigger buffer, and trimmed off the excess. It also makes me feel better about not accidentally hitting that aluminum fame onto the glass and chipping or cracking it.

I’m currently looking at options to circumvent the stock leveling feet, but I’m overall very pleased with waterbox assisting.

I would say get another leveling mat to put on and that should help.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back