Waterbox customer service.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pre ordered the infinia 190.5 from waterbox from my lfs 2 months ago. It arrived a week ago to my LFS.

I paid my LFS 637$ to have the tank delivered, and setup. The stand i picked me & my friend on Sunday and we started assembling it to get it ready for the tank delivery, and setup which is today Wednesday.

After finishing the assembly for the stand today, and moving it on the side for the setup people. I noticed that the metal frame at the bottom of the stand where the legs goes in is bent, and after further inspecting the stand i noticed that where the nuts thingy where the legs screws into its bent as well making the legs not 100% straight.

keep in mind that my LFS told me that when the delivery of the tank got to his warehouse, the box was pretty banged up, but everything was fine he started, and nothing harmed.

Now obviously you would think as the infinia 190.5 is a new tank to the market. You would think that waterbox would honor the warranty and either send me a new stand or replace the metal framing around the bottom where i can screw the legs securely. But what happens next is going to shock you. Waterbox replied with “bang it back in and you are good to go”. Now keep in mind that theres a whole metal piece i cant even bend and not the nuts screws itself thats broken but theres multiple things that are damaged.

my LFS said i cant refund you for the money u paid for the delivery and setup even though they didnt setup. And waterbox said we cant compensate you for the setup (which is arguable but its fine) and they cant replace the part for me.

what are my options here i paid over 4k for the tank, and setup.

Is this acceptable for a company like waterbox to tell a customer who pre ordered a tank and had rough delivery to bang something in its place?

This is the video i made explaining what happened? What should i do here all i want is a replacement stand or a piece.

IMG_2826.jpeg IMG_0811.jpeg IMG_0810.jpeg

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another sorry excuse of a company. They should have at least offered to replace the bars that are affected. The threaded inserts are crooked, and that's on them.
I cant tell you how many videos i sent them explaining and i was literally out of breath by the end of it. I dont know what to do or how to proceed

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoever received the shipment should of not accepted it upon delivery.

Dispute with credit card company.
He said everything is fine after receiving it like that assuming he couldnt open every box and check every metal frame. I dont know what to man im over 4k deep. I emailed the ceo richard. I dont know how do i proceed i feel lonely in this process.

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. These big expensive tanks in these huge heavy shipments are just so prone to something happening. Those delivery guys don’t give a rats you know what about your luxury 5000 dollar aquarium. That’s probably 2 months salary for some of them. I doubt I’ll ever build a tank bigger than 60 to 90 gallons because of this and when I do that I’ll be buying it from a LFS where I can see the tank I’m buying in person and inspect it and transporting it myself to my home. These big name tank manufacturers need to find better concierges to deliver these tanks and make sure they’re delivered with care.

I’ve ordered heavy stuff to my home before and it usually literal people who look high on drugs or homeless delivering it. They always break something. One time one of them fell off the ramp in my driveway onto my my wife’s car and put a huge dent in my wife’s car. There was nothing I could do. We ate the cost.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. These big expensive tanks in these huge heavy shipments are just so prone to something happening. Those delivery guys don’t give a rats you know what about your luxury 5000 dollar aquarium. That’s probably 2 months salary for some of them. I doubt I’ll ever build a tank bigger than 60 to 90 gallons because of this and when I do that I’ll be buying it from a LFS where I can see the tank I’m buying in person and inspect it and transporting it myself to my home. These big name tank manufacturers need to find better concierges to deliver these tanks and make sure they’re delivered with care.

I’ve ordered heavy stuff to my home before and it usually literal people who look high on drugs or homeless delivering it. They always break something. One time one of them fell off the ramp in my driveway onto my my wife’s car and put a huge dent in my wife’s car. There was nothing I could do. We ate the cost.
I ordered the tank, with my LFS and the delivery and setup was with them. I dont want to hurt the owner. Hes a nice guy. However i dont know what else to do u can see the replies above im beyond devastated u need to see my basement tanks all over the place from them. Im even on their social group they post my tanks all the time. Absolutely unacceptable

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stop payment now
Then OP would have to go through the hassle of returning the tank. It just would be more trouble than it’s worth. I know OP paid an arm and a leg for this gem and what I’m about to say isn’t ideal.

if it was MY tank. Which it is most definitely not. If this wasn’t something that could cause catastrophe and it was cosmetic only. I’d DIY something to conceal it and count my lucky stars it wasn’t worse than it is.

That’s just me though. He has EVERY right to be furious.

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the tank, with my LFS and the delivery and setup was with them. I dont want to hurt the owner. Hes a nice guy. However i dont know what else to do u can see the replies above im beyond devastated u need to see my basement tanks all over the place from them. Im even on their social group they post my tanks all the time. Absolutely unacceptable
Yeah I saw that.

I want mine to already be in the store. Preferred sitting there put together so I can examine everything and then load it up.
I really want a 90 cube and that’s how I’m going to try and go about it.

I hope you get it figured out.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said everything is fine after receiving it like that assuming he couldnt open every box and check every metal frame. I dont know what to man im over 4k deep. I emailed the ceo richard. I dont know how do i proceed i feel lonely in this process.
After seeing your video. Its a nutsert for a leveling foot. Id frankly tap in the nutsert, install the foot and keep going.

You can fight if you want, but whoever accepted that ugly box screwed up by accepting it. That's not Waterbox's issue, that's a issue with the shipping company.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Waterbox Aquariums all i want them to do is replace the part thats broken. The bottom metal frame its like 3-4 pieces. I told them i cant unbent it. And they still refused

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly but surely learning that IM and Waterbox are both a bit sketchy.

Maybe they are running really close to their margins or something, but both seem to be pretty brutal for customer service. And don't get me started on RS lol.
Dam there won’t be anyone left for us to buy sizable tanks from lol. I may want to stick to my nanos

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dam there won’t be anyone left for us to buy sizable tanks from lol. I may want to stick to my nanos
miricles, they stand by there work. my stand has 3/4 threaded feet for leveling. my stand started rusting after 4 months, he said he would send me a new one but i chose to paint it.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty of outfits that sell larger tanks. I personally wouldnt touch a red sea, waterbox, etc... The metric fittings and weird plug & play configurations (with limited options for change) arent for me.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would call the credit card company and dispute the transaction for the good received not being in proper condition and the company not handling the replacement properly. The foot screws are definitely poor craftsmanship and not shipping. The bent frame may be due to shipping. can't believe they expect you to bend the frame back as if everyone has the skills and tools required to do this. With that size of a tank, I wouldn't trunt it to hold the tank long term since the weight will not be distributed as it should. Forget about yhe owner being a nice guy. If you ordered through the that store and they are not fighting for you then they don't care about you or your return business.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly but surely learning that IM and Waterbox are both a bit sketchy.

Maybe they are running really close to their margins or something, but both seem to be pretty brutal for customer service. And don't get me started on RS lol.
What is IM up to?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back