Waterbox customer service.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just figured I'd chime in with the same two cents.

As a current and former warehouse employee, absolutely do not sign for something even remotely damaged. Once that docket is signed, getting anywhere has just become extremely difficult. Any respectable inwards goods team knows this rule like their pay depends on it. There are rumours where signing "Said to contain" wards off evil spirits but nay, this is heresy.
Most outfits have a 7-day clause in their service contract where you need to request AND submit a formal set of documents within that 7 day period.

I understand your LFS signed for it, but if I just paid 5k dollarydoos I'd recommend they show me everything is fine by setting it up right there on their floor or they have begun to light the bridge themselves. They want their cut of the profits, their choice to pretend they don't have any part facilitating the deal between supplier and customer.

I understand hindsight is 20/20 and WB seems to have succumbed, but we (colleagues and I) take photos of pallets before we despatch them and before hoisting them off when receiving. Most truckers are realistic and all the damaged **** happens in their yards or changing hands from flights/vessels but at the end of the day one must weigh their patience and perceived Karen-ism with taking ownership of goods via acceptance.
Damage to goods happens all the time, they have insurance and a whole department just for claims.
This!!!! So this. Everyone wants to flame waterbox and obviously some damage was incurred during shipping. That's not WB's problem or fault. You go after the shipping company FIRST. But since LFS screwed up, recourse is limited thus the manufacturer is unduly flamed. That part is a bit rubbish imho.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This!!!! So this. Everyone wants to flame waterbox and obviously some damage was incurred during shipping. That's not WB's problem or fault. You go after the shipping company FIRST. But since LFS screwed up, recourse is limited thus the manufacturer is unduly flamed. That part is a bit rubbish imho.
Yes this is 100% correct, now my lfs told me he told fedex to notate that there was a damage to the box. On the other hand when i notified waterbox about it they said they never stack their boxes flat like that on a pallet. By the end of the day i was the middle consumer of all of that. Its my first legitimate big tank over 80. and i was super excited for it. You live and learn. It was pointing finger game.

IMG_0861.jpeg

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be screaming to the rooftops that waterbox went above and beyond then. They dont owe you squat @ this point and did what they had to do due to 'the social media' generation. Everyone wants to make a video when it goes bad, no one cares when it goes good.

Also I bet you understand how LTL freight works a little better. Involving a 3rd party with delivery wasn't in your interest along with paying extra cash to your lfs imho, nothing.

Joe Tyler Reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Understandable, however Waterbox needs to rethink the way they ship their aquariums. They should be crated in wood, not carboard. I get some of their bigger models are crated in wood, but anything 50 gal or more needs to be as well.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be screaming to the rooftops that waterbox went above and beyond then. They dont owe you squat @ this point and did what they had to do due to 'the social media' generation. Everyone wants to make a video when it goes bad, no one cares when it goes good.

Also I bet you understand how LTL freight works a little better. Involving a 3rd party with delivery wasn't in your interest along with paying extra cash to your lfs imho, nothing.
So what are you trying to say here because u seem going hard with waterbox side on this any reason why? You are telling me i should go after fedex? Why would i need to? Didnt u see the picture that waterbox flat stacked that pallet? Or u missed that part? Its 100% waterbox fault from wrongly flat stacking the pallet. I am not going to chase fedex or whatever that is they should do that not my fault. Paid what i have to pay and thats the end of the story. Im not a warehouse company. But of course this happened to you is a different story. We can all be judging because the issue never happened to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody going to chase fedex or make claims that takes months for a damaged box from fedex. Waterbox send you the part. And then waterbox is the one to deal with claims. Just like when you buy a refrigerator it gets damaged during shipping by third party. And then u be like oh let me go make a claim and not contact the company. That makes absolute 0 sense. And how do u even know thats a shipping issue and not a manufacturer fault for the bad inserts?

Last edited:

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody going to chase fedex or make claims that takes months for a damaged box from fedex. Waterbox send you the part. And then waterbox is the one to deal with claims. Just like when you buy a refrigerator it gets damaged during shipping by third party. And then u be like oh let me go make a claim and not contact the company. That makes absolute 0 sense. And how do u even know thats a shipping issue and not a manufacturer fault for the bad inserts?
Fridge shipping is apples to oranges, btw same end game if the fridge is damaged. You deny the fridge @ delivery.

You do you, stomp your feet when it dosent go right, not everyone is gonna cave to you.

When you learn how large item LTL shipping really works, give the rest of the adults in the room a call. I'm out.

P.S. Ive had several large items damaged in shipping, I dont cry about it in a forum, I get it taken care of between the shipping company and the shipper. I dont air dirty laundry until I don't have a choice.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fridge shipping is apples to oranges, btw same end game if the fridge is damaged. You deny the fridge @ delivery.

You do you, stomp your feet when it dosent go right, not everyone is gonna cave to you.

When you learn how large item LTL shipping really works, give the rest of the adults in the room a call. I'm out.

P.S. Ive had several large items damaged in shipping, I dont cry about it in a forum, I get it taken care of between the shipping company and the shipper. I dont air dirty laundry until I don't have a choice.
Alright take care champ.

Pipo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for a ltl company and we deliver all of innovative Marine tanks when i do a delivery and the freight is damaged the Consigne is sapose to inspect and notate any damages on the bill so i can get them a claim number but if they don't and i leave that's the customer falt.u can't call back and say its damaged afterwards they won't care because u didn't say anything during time of delivery U can't go after the freight company cuz it wasn't notated befor the driver left.That is 100% your lfs fault for not putting down that is was damaged when they signed for the shipment.I Now when I took delivery of my tank. IM called me and told me what to do when the truck gets here so things that this don't happen.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work for a ltl company and we deliver all of innovative Marine tanks when i do a delivery and the freight is damaged the Consigne is sapose to inspect and notate any damages on the bill so i can get them a claim number but if they don't and i leave that's the customer falt.u can't call back and say its damaged afterwards they won't care because u didn't say anything during time of delivery U can't go after the freight company cuz it wasn't notated befor the driver left.That is 100% your lfs fault for not putting down that is was damaged when they signed for the shipment.I Now when I took delivery of my tank. IM called me and told me what to do when the truck gets here so things that this don't happen.
My LFS confirmed for me that he told the delivery people the box was in a bad shape and they did notate it

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I pre ordered the infinia 190.5 from waterbox from my lfs 2 months ago. It arrived a week ago to my LFS.

I paid my LFS 637$ to have the tank delivered, and setup. The stand i picked me & my friend on Sunday and we started assembling it to get it ready for the tank delivery, and setup which is today Wednesday.

After finishing the assembly for the stand today, and moving it on the side for the setup people. I noticed that the metal frame at the bottom of the stand where the legs goes in is bent, and after further inspecting the stand i noticed that where the nuts thingy where the legs screws into its bent as well making the legs not 100% straight.

keep in mind that my LFS told me that when the delivery of the tank got to his warehouse, the box was pretty banged up, but everything was fine he started, and nothing harmed.

Now obviously you would think as the infinia 190.5 is a new tank to the market. You would think that waterbox would honor the warranty and either send me a new stand or replace the metal framing around the bottom where i can screw the legs securely. But what happens next is going to shock you. Waterbox replied with “bang it back in and you are good to go”. Now keep in mind that theres a whole metal piece i cant even bend and not the nuts screws itself thats broken but theres multiple things that are damaged.

my LFS said i cant refund you for the money u paid for the delivery and setup even though they didnt setup. And waterbox said we cant compensate you for the setup (which is arguable but its fine) and they cant replace the part for me.

what are my options here i paid over 4k for the tank, and setup.

Is this acceptable for a company like waterbox to tell a customer who pre ordered a tank and had rough delivery to bang something in its place?

This is the video i made explaining what happened? What should i do here all i want is a replacement stand or a piece.

IMG_2826.jpeg IMG_0811.jpeg IMG_0810.jpeg

Didn't you pay for the shipping insurance when you ordered the tank through Waterbox?

I'm waiting on my WB here in Canada and I paid the extra for shipping damage just to cover my butt.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS confirmed for me that he told the delivery people the box was in a bad shape and they did notate it
They then signed off on the aquarium if that's what the lfs told you. If they had any sense they'd should've declined the delivery and took photos to send to WB and had a new one sent.

Pretty much all these delivery companies neglect everything that comes through their sorting center.

Pipo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They then signed off on the aquarium if that's what the lfs told you. If they had any sense they'd should've declined the delivery and took photos to send to WB and had a new one sent.

Pretty much all these delivery companies neglect everything that comes through their sorting center.
Yea i see damages all the time thats the best thing u can do is a damage refusal Let the freight company and the manufacturer go at it it's not worth the Headache.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i see damages all the time thats the best thing u can do is a damage refusal Let the freight company and the manufacturer go at it it's not worth the Headache.
I just want to let everybody knows here i have no intention to bash waterbox. I own 4 tanks from them. I was frustrated. Its my first 200 gallons system man. The reason i didnt order directly from waterbox when fedex deliver directly straight from them. I dont have a garage or a safe place for my tank to be. I have a bulkhead that leads to my basement. I actually reported that thread to be closed. But im really new to all of this. In a moment i felt like my lfs ditched me and waterbox, and i was freaking out. I do know better now

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just want to let everybody knows here i have no intention to bash waterbox. I own 4 tanks from them. I was frustrated. Its my first 200 gallons system man. The reason i didnt order directly from waterbox when fedex deliver directly straight from them. I dont have a garage or a safe place for my tank to be. I have a bulkhead that leads to my basement. I actually reported that thread to be closed. But im really new to all of this. In a moment i felt like my lfs ditched me and waterbox, and i was freaking out. I do know better now
I would honestly freak out to lol

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How so i close this thread reported it but nothing yet

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable, however Waterbox needs to rethink the way they ship their aquariums. They should be crated in wood, not carboard. I get some of their bigger models are crated in wood, but anything 50 gal or more needs to be as well.
I'm going to chime in here about shipping. We all know waterbox aquariums are very expensive and IMHO Waterbox needs to contract all their aquariums through a dedicated delivery service in whatever country they sell in.

I guarantee you if you live close to where Waterbox makes their tanks and they deliver using their own trucks you won't have any damage. The boss would loose his mind if his driver's mishandled a customer's order.

But this is the world we live in. Nobody gives a hoot about anybody's stuff and in all honesty do you blame them? Wages are low, cost of living has gone through the roof but yet nobody gets a raise to compensate for this ridiculous world we live in since COVID popped up.

I'm with the OP here, he has all the right to vent in a thread if he feels like doing so. Heck of I spent as much as him on that tank I'd be venting too! I'm waiting for my WB and all I got to say is if it's damaged in any way WB is going to be sending me out whatever is broken and I'm not going to let them tell me... Umm sorry we're out of stock right now! That won't fly well with me and after paying $200 for shipping and $40 for shipping damage insurance then the ball better start rolling and rolling fast!

This is just my 2 cents ;)

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to chime in here about shipping. We all know waterbox aquariums are very expensive and IMHO Waterbox needs to contract all their aquariums through a dedicated delivery service in whatever country they sell in.

I guarantee you if you live close to where Waterbox makes their tanks and they deliver using their own trucks you won't have any damage. The boss would loose his mind if his driver's mishandled a customer's order.

But this is the world we live in. Nobody gives a hoot about anybody's stuff and in all honesty do you blame them? Wages are low, cost of living has gone through the roof but yet nobody gets a raise to compensate for this ridiculous world we live in since COVID popped up.

I'm with the OP here, he has all the right to vent in a thread if he feels like doing so. Heck of I spent as much as him on that tank I'd be venting too! I'm waiting for my WB and all I got to say is if it's damaged in any way WB is going to be sending me out whatever is broken and I'm not going to let them tell me... Umm sorry we're out of stock right now! That won't fly well with me and after paying $200 for shipping and $40 for shipping damage insurance then the ball better start rolling and rolling fast!

This is just my 2 cents ;)
And i wasnt trying to bash the company in anyway. I was just shocked the treatment and replies i got “bang it back in and call it a day” wait what?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not read every post but you are getting screwed. If you paid by credit card report it as damaged goods and services not provided. Your bank will remove the charges and you have proof to show them
That whole thing should be replaced with new.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not read every post but you are getting screwed. If you paid by credit card report it as damaged goods and services not provided. Your bank will remove the charges and you have proof to show them
That whole thing should be replaced with new.
They replaced the frame. Im at work right now. But fedex just dropped a big box and its the whole new framing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back