We mourn the loss of Jake Adams

mcintosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the good fortune of meeting Jake many years ago when he spoke at our club. He wanted to see as many reef tanks as possible so he came to my house and freely offered tips and took photos. Such a pillar of this community. He will be missed.

mcbdz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such sad news. He was such an inspiration to so many people in this Community. And Advocate for the Reefing community and reef preservation. It reminds me of when I heard the News of Steve Erin's tragic loss. He was to reefing what Steve was to the reptile community bringing it to the worlds attention and educating the public.
Prayers for his wife, family and friends. You will be missed.
I believe it could help the family for everyone to go back and waych all his media with ads included. I will, could use the refresher also. RIP

sean151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He inspired me to come back into the hobby after taking a few years out. Prior to that, his articles were one of the primary factors I was excited for the future of the hobby.

Shawn Dahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condolences to family and friends. May he rest in peace. Jake was an icon of the industry. I followed his teachings since I entered into the hobby

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How devastating. I can hear his voice in my head thanks to his podcasts and videos. So inspiring.

I wonder what will come of his amazing studio? Perhaps (only if the family is considering it) some sort of way to support his studio would be a fitting tribute.

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I was just listening to Reef Therapy thinking he would have cool stuff to talk about when he got back from his five trip.

I loved the podcast and fired it up as soon as it dropped. I always thought it was funny how he would start talking over Mark during the podcast, he seemed so excited that he just couldn't wait for his turn. I'll miss hearing his that enthusiasm.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sad news. Jake was a great guy - always happy to share his knowledge. Anyone know what happened? Just had a club meeting at his stuio last weekend and all seemed well.

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been years since ive posted on here let a lone actively reefing, but hearing this news on IG brought me back. Met Jake at a Reef-a-palooza 4-5 yrs ago when i still had my tank running. Told him how much i enjoyed his videos and his articles. He was humlbe as could be, definitely a solid dude. Life got in the way of my reefing hobby; new house, new truck, new baby girl ... so i dont have a tank currently running. But felt the need to log in to just pay my respects to such an iconic person to this hobby/community. Im sure since my absence, his contributions have grown, and in his absence, i hope we can all cherish the knowledge and passion hes put into this silly hobby of keeping a slice of the ocean in a glass box in our homes. RIp brother. Next beers for you.

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB_IMG_1666470428069.jpg

From left to right, Julian Spring, Jake Adams ❤️ , Mike Paletta, Victor Fornari, and Dr Sanjay Joshi.

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A really shocking loss.

RIP Jake and thoughts with the family and friends.

He might be the most passionate aquarist I've ever met, always genuinely interested in new products we'd release and I'd look forward to seeing him at MACNA or Reef-a-Palooza every year...

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did not know him personally but watched all his content on you tube my prayers go out to his family rest in peace man

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 29.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back