We mourn the loss of Jake Adams

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never met him but he was my reef menthor. Always great thoughts and he helped me see my reef tank differently. We lost one of the most intelligent reefer. I know he spoke french: Tu vas nous manquer Jake!

Last edited:

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Devastating news. I just met with a local reefer who happened to have just visited Jake in Colorado. We had some good laughs recounting some of Jake's videos and talking about his tanks. Jake was a huge inspiration to many of us in the hobby and he will be greatly missed.

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the title and my heart sank. I really can't believe it! Jake has taught us a lot for years. Reef Builders was his dream and success. I'm going to miss Jake and all his thoughts and ideas. He has made a big impression on all of us in the reefing hobby.

Reef in peace Jake.

kenniole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake played a huge role on educating reefers like myself on how to bring a tiny piece of the ocean into my household. Not only did he taught me how to love the hobby, I was able to get my little ones to love it as well. Condolences to Jakes family

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CMAS had him as a speaker when he was just getting started ... seemed so young ... called him Jake "The Kid" Adams. Simply a super nice guy, genuinely enthusiastic and in no hurry. Remember it as a great presentation and chatted with members long after the "formal" talk was over. Will be greatly missed! :(

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This news has hit me like a ton of bricks, I’ve been following Jake for a long time and loved his reef builder articles, YouTube videos, and reef therapy. In my house I have Reef Therapy or his channel playing all day. His passion for this hobby is truly inspirational. You will be missed brother.

Zekireef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A huge loss for us all!

I met him once at the inaugural reefstock in Australia and he was great, always happy to have a brief chat regardless of the helter skelter around him! He has been pivotal in making the reefing community a truly global community!

Most importantly condolences to his wife and family, he will be missed by everyone!

Rest in power Jake!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back