We mourn the loss of Jake Adams

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great loss to the hobby. Jake was a stickler for the correct scientific name of a coral - He could care less what garage fragger tried to put a name on it. Jake wanted (you) to know what the coral really was.

Jake and I were friends for many years. To get along well with Jake you had to know when to sit down, shut up and just listen. I feel so fortunate that I had just spoken with him a few days ago - About something positive.

Jake was not sick. He was a healthy 41 years old. Jake was in the process of going out and getting us the information we all craved for on ReefBuilders.

Dave B

ReefZ1lla84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So sad to hear this I can’t believe it, way to young to go the way he did. Prayers to his family I learned so much watching reef builders over the years. the hobby won’t be the same without him.

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rest In Peace Jake, such a tragedy you will be sorely missed buddy.
E6961D41-90BD-4E5A-A0B6-B3F038DA883F.jpeg

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We need some answers on what happened. It makes no sense at all !!!
Yo you keep asking with no replies. Three times you posted. Read the room. Maybe they will disclose later. Maybe its personal.

Not being rude. Trying to help.

Sometimes you have to be patient.

ReefingIsMyTherapy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just can't believe it. I'm pretty new to the hobby and Jake is one of those reefers I aspire to become one day. While there's no way to fill the huge hole he's gonna leave in the reefing community, his legacy will live forever. Keep his spirit alive by watching his YouTube videos, listening to his Reef Therapy podcasts, reading his product reviews, etc. Rest in peace, Jake. My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just can't believe it. I'm pretty new to the hobby and Jake is one of those reefers I aspire to become one day. While there's no way to fill the huge hole he's gonna leave in the reefing community, his legacy will live forever. Keep his spirit alive by watching his YouTube videos, listening to his Reef Therapy podcasts, reading his product reviews, etc. Rest in peace, Jake. My deepest condolences to his friends and family.
I believe I'll find myself watching his videos someday and recalling how his content and attitude often brought a smile to my face. He was able to make you feel like you were there with him and he was excited to share with you because of the passion he had.

FreshwaterConvert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was fortunate to see his talk at aquashella, a true force within the hobby. Such horrible news. Prayers and condolences to his family and loved ones. He will be greatly missed

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back