We mourn the loss of Jake Adams

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still in disbelief.

There's a lot of content creators out there in our space, and a lot of them are very good. But what I've grown to love about Jake is his unapologetic style and his mission to educate us about the reef, it's inhabitants, and our hobby.

Such a positive influence to our community. He will truly be missed. Let's keep his wife and family in our prayers.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No….we just lost one of the greats, so much knowledge experience and such a love of sharing it….wow our shared passion just won’t be the same without him…

We will keep on reefin, jake, you were absolutely one of the best…dang this is horrible

Panky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been informed that the family knows and now we here at R2R are able to mourn together the tragic news that the reefing community has lost Jake Adams of ReefBuilders.

I’m at a loss for words as Jake was a very good friend to my family and the R2R community. I had tremendous respect for him and his work and he will be sorely missed.

Prayer for his precious wife and family.

We love you Jake, Rest In Peace.

1D00597A-218C-4FA3-A1E7-563F80A75FCE.jpeg
RIH Jake!!!

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great loss to the hobby. Jake was a stickler for the correct scientific name of a coral - He could care less what garage fragger tried to put a name on it. Jake wanted (you) to know what the coral really was.

Jake and I were friends for many years. To get along well with Jake you had to know when to sit down, shut up and just listen. I feel so fortunate that I had just spoken with him a few days ago - About something positive.

Jake was not sick. He was a healthy 41 years old. Jake was in the process of going out and getting us the information we all craved for on ReefBuilders.

Dave B
Sorry for your loss. Seemed like a great person. At least he lived his life doing what he loved which is so much more than the vast majority of people get to say. Definitely going to miss seeing his videos.

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reefing community took a great loss today. Jake Adams is a reefing icon. 10 years ago was when I started watching his channel and took inspiration to start my own home reef tank. I was lucky enough to meet him and he helped my business grow. I will forever be grateful. Rest in peace

itsmexanderb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just so horribly sudden and absolutely heartbreaking. I was just watching some of his content this morning. The smile that he had every time he opened up about what he loved was just uttely infectious. I can only say so much as just an outside observer, but if you ask me, not only did the reefing world lose an icon, but the world lost a great human being.

I hope his family and friends are doing their best to handle such a devastating event.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so shocked I don’t even know where to begin. You’ll be missed Jake! Prayers for you and your family. Jake may have passed away but the memories of him and his vlogs/website articles will stay with me/us forever. What a tragic loss for the reefing community. Thank you for everything you did for our hobby! RIP my friend. You will be deeply missed.

Back