We're a CRAZY bunch us Reefers aren't we!?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We're a crazy bunch us Reefers! We all know how addictive this hobby can be, but "how crazy are you" for your reef tank? Share your wildest stories and crazy things you've done to keep this hobby fun, exciting and rewarding.

What's the Craziest Thing You've Done for Your Reef Tank?

I drove my wife and I over 350 miles in our church van to pick up a running 125g reef tank full of rock, fish, sand and coral! It all made it back alive too! The wife is amazing BTW! :) It looked something like this.

1990_Dodge_Ram_350_Maxi,_front_right.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I told my wife we were going on a 350-mile journey to pick up a tank and bringing it back home? She would call me crazy haha

Well I didn't say that she loved the idea and didn't call me names! :p

Upvote 0

WestMI-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say power outages are right at the top of my list.
I probably look like a mad man rushing to get the generator setup, running, and system back on in a few feet of snow, sideways rains, and high winds. It was worse when i didn’t have a generator at all! I get a little jealous when some of the neighbors generators auto on and I can hear theirs running as I struggle to get mine going lol

Upvote 0

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not something I've done, BUT when I lived in California I helped a guy replace his alternator and repair his solar panels on an RV. He probably had about 1000g of slat water tanks and coral inside it. This crazy guy traveled around California in a large motorhome full of fish and coral. His solar panel lead shorted out and it blew out his alternator. I didn't realize untill after I helped him and he wanted to show me the inside of his vehicle. I wasn't into reefing back then; but now that I look back I think that guys was crazy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not to the extent as those above. I went to my lfs for 2 emerald crabs and walked out with the crabs and the most expensive coral I’ve ever bought.
Ohhh I hate buying the most expensive coral ever bought... That species is hard to keep and dies from looking at it too much

Upvote 0

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh I hate buying the most expensive coral ever bought... That species is hard to keep and dies from looking at it too much

I just did that last week. I feel like if I sneeze too close to it it'll die :grinning-face-with-sweat: shouldn't be the case, but this one's up there.

So I guess that's my crazy thing, I like expensive anemones

Upvote 0

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Every time my wife says 'I'm cold', an acro RTNs... Sort of like Miracle on 34th street, but it's really 'Nightmare on 34th Street'.

Upvote 0
Back