What is your favorite fish that a lot of people aren't aware even exist

ClownBaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Australian Stripey, don't see them often. mines about 2 years old. Got it about 1.5" and grew to a thick 5" after absolutely decimating aiptasia that had taken over my tank. He ended up eating my 5 years old rock flower anemone when the aiptasia ran out which I was sad about but he hasn't touched anything else.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS had two for sale recently. I went back the next day and they were both sold. They’re interesting looking but I find purples and gems to be much prettier. What’s the magic?

But have you considered clownfish?

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS had two for sale recently. I went back the next day and they were both sold. They’re interesting looking but I find purples and gems to be much prettier. What’s the magic?
I personally really like the black black look

OP
OP
William Chiavetta

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see that argument. Fair enough :)
It's like a matte black G-wagon :drooling-face:

d3wpxi2a89441.jpg

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Australian Stripey, don't see them often. mines about 2 years old. Got it about 1.5" and grew to a thick 5" after absolutely decimating aiptasia that had taken over my tank. He ended up eating my 5 years old rock flower anemone when the aiptasia ran out which I was sad about but he hasn't touched anything else.
I was going to say the same fish. I love mine.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always been fascinated by Flashlight fish. Ever since I first saw them in an exhibition at the New England Aquarium when I was a teen .
1715922516899.jpeg

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(1) Cirrhitichthys aureus (Japanese Golden Hawkfish) (pretty much confined to East China Sea)

(2) Plesiops sp (Many remain small, pretty much only Plesiopidae we see is the Marine Betta and the Assessors and these are fairly common with a wide distribution, just not really popular)

(3) Parapercis sp (basically a differently shaped Hawkfish, heard they can be a bit nastier than many Hawkfish)

(4) Serranus sp (some are larger and more predatory, many of the smaller species look great but are way overshadowed by the Grammas)

(5) Hypoplectrus sp (Grouper look in a compact size)

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always been fascinated by Flashlight fish. Ever since I first saw them in an exhibition at the New England Aquarium when I was a teen .
1715922516899.jpeg
That is a fish you don't hear about all too often!

Back