What Salt are you using?

Which Salt Mix do you Use?

• Total voters

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another good option would be to make a retrofit. You could get a 13watt pc from ahsupply and make a diy lid for the fuge.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, thats what i currently have, is a small retro PC. only prob is there is too much light spill over into the room

i made a canopy for it to go over the AC110. that didnt really help, just increased the heat

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running the fuge 24/7? Is that why your worried about light spilling out? The only thing I can think of would be to paint the front of the fuge and maybe make some kind of divider to put between the fuge and the tank at night to block out the light.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JGoslee said:
Are you running the fuge 24/7? Is that why your worried about light spilling out? The only thing I can think of would be to paint the front of the fuge and maybe make some kind of divider to put between the fuge and the tank at night to block out the light.

sometimes i run it 24/7. i've been experimenting with different light timing.

yeah, i have tried everything possible to block out the light spill over and make the main tank darker. i just dont think its possible.

the minibow tank usually sits in my bedroom. which is the reason i need it darker.

but i think what i'm just gonna do after i move, is put the fuge light on a timer and have it go off for about 6hrs at night so at least i can get to sleep before it comes back on.

Teeka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been using Io since my tank start march 2006 then 3 months ago I switched to Red Sea Coral Pro Salt. My corals have taken off in the last 3 months. My zoas have started to pop quite a few babies since.

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that interesting about the Red Sea Coral Pro.
My LFS carries it for a good price, and I had considered switching, but didn't know if it was a good brand or not.
I've used TM in the past, am using RC now, undecided as to preference.

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using IO but I never test so......but my tank seems to like it. I'm thinking of switching tho.....maybe.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to use IO but now i use Reef Crystals and love it. I don't dose anything so figure i would use the RC for the higher calcium.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started off with Tropic Marin (since Marvin pimps it pretty hard), but I switched to IO b/c it's cheaper and I can get it locally. And if Randy Holmes-Farley uses it, it must be good enough for me.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Reef Crystals as well and used that for 15 years and only had an issue one time....Like I said though I have used Red Sea pro now for about a year or close to it and love it.....

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been using io for years now..i have used reef crystals some but went back to io...i have never had a problem with it..always been happy with it

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Coralife salt. I get it for $35 at Petsmart. :) I've had absolutely no problems with it so far and my calcium is always in the 400's. Granted, I also don't have any SPS, but its still all good. :)

Brandon

badfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use a 50/50 mix of instant ocean and oceanic,i have never had a problem with it works great and the levels are always nice.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back