Which Salt Mix do you Use?

• Total voters

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using I/O but since I've seen several people recommending Reef Crystals I ordered 2 buckets today. Stay tuned for the results!

Reefer Chris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping reef tanks for about 12 years and tried several salts over the years.

Tried IO, Kent, Tropic Marin, Red Sea and now I'm using Seachem Reef Salt. On my third bucket and would have to say it's my favorite so far. Corals really perked up after using it and it seems to be the most balanced of the ones I have tried.

I might try H2Ocean Pro+ http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/?q=node/405, nothing but good things heard so far and it seems to be well balanced like Seachem Reef Salt, with the exception of the dKH being a bit higher with H2Ocean, which is what I like.

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was using tropic marin and every time i was doing 80 gallon water changes my orp dropped from 390 to 215 and ive had some friends notice the same thing dont know why. I did my last water change with H2Ocean from deltec and it went from 390 to 355 i am not sure what this means if anything but just thought i would share.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time RC user but for the past 3 months switched to Seachem Reef and everything is all good ...

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using IO for over 2 years, but started reefing about 2 months ago. I still have a 5 gallon bucket of IO. Once it's gone I'll probably make the switch to reef crystals. Funny that I can't find it cheaper up here, since IO is made in Mentor Ohio. I get it cheaper online shipped, then buying in a store here.

tankerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Coral Pro. I've tried Oceanic and Instant Ocean in the past, but seem to have better results with the Red Sea. I love it.

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin Pro-reef but may have to switch. Too difficult to get.

sps4mytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from Oceanpure.....to tropic marin...to tropic marin pro...to D&D H2Ocean I cant but mention that by far the H20cean has been the best salt I have used thus far. I like it and havent seen so much polyp extension from my corals. I like the results.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used oceanic for 6 yrs now. I will add buffer if the alk shows up low. Lately I haven;t had to do it. Calcium and mag is always a bit high which I like.

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef Crystals...I was using the Red Sea Coral Pro salt for a while but it was getting to the point that there was always something undisolved in the bottom of the bucket. Not salt, but sand or something. Just didn't trust not to get something bad in the next batch. RC works fine for me. I do a daily 5 gallon change on my tank...65 gallon with a 30 gallon sump.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 43 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back