Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Matthew Dambra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently i have a 90g standard 48"long x 18"wide x 24" height
I was running a mixed reef until my SPS were wiped out but thats a different story lol
I am moving soon and want to start off fresh with a new tank and do a couple things differently
Im going to do a much better cord management system with a controller panel and also run a Neptune Apex system, looking forward to a new build however I'm not sure what tank to get

There are 3 in particular that I'm interested in

Deep Blue 80g rimless shallow tank 48" x 24" x 16"

SC Aquariums 90g "cube" 36" x 24" x 24"

Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 500L (105g) 49" x 24" x 24"

They are also in descending order from cheapest to most expensive being the red sea reefer

There are pros and cons to each i don't want to say what i think about each i was more looking to see what you guys think
Keeping in mind that all of these are viable options and cost is a factor but will not rule out any tanks listed

Thanks again guys

Cubano32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently i have a 90g standard 48"long x 18"wide x 24" height
I was running a mixed reef until my SPS were wiped out but thats a different story lol
I am moving soon and want to start off fresh with a new tank and do a couple things differently
Im going to do a much better cord management system with a controller panel and also run a Neptune Apex system, looking forward to a new build however I'm not sure what tank to get

There are 3 in particular that I'm interested in

Deep Blue 80g rimless shallow tank 48" x 24" x 16"

SC Aquariums 90g "cube" 36" x 24" x 24"

Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 500L (105g) 49" x 24" x 24"

They are also in descending order from cheapest to most expensive being the red sea reefer

There are pros and cons to each i don't want to say what i think about each i was more looking to see what you guys think
Keeping in mind that all of these are viable options and cost is a factor but will not rule out any tanks listed

Thanks again guys
I personally like shallow reef tanks I have a deep blue 36x18x12..but I'm only keeping LPS and softies ..the deep blue you are thinking about is nice it does have a little more height then mine...but if you plan on doing SPS not sure exactly how much you can do as far as nice rock work...but that could just be me since I suck at aquascaping lol

OP
OP
Matthew Dambra

Matthew Dambra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like shallow reef tanks I have a deep blue 36x18x12..but I'm only keeping LPS and softies ..the deep blue you are thinking about is nice it does have a little more height then mine...but if you plan on doing SPS not sure exactly how much you can do as far as nice rock work...but that could just be me since I suck at aquascaping lol

That is a valid point, i am also not the best at aquascaping haha
Thanks for you input and happy reefing

Crimsoncoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a dated post.... I'm curious what you decided as I'm looking at similar vendors and tanks.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 80 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 64 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back