What's for supper? Traditional Newfie food.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally from Norway or Sweeden I think

Ah! Norway is one place that I know says skrei.

They have to be cooked right or they are gelatinous. My mom fries them perfectly.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had cow tongue. And it was amazing!! Softest most melty cut ever. I would definitely try that.

I'm not as brave with "land edibles" and often chicken out. Living on an island we ate A LOT of sea critters. I don't eat seal, mind you, but I support the seal hunt.... even if the rest of the world doesn't.

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are those tongues seasoned? Any sauces? Maybe some fish n' chips style w/ malt vinegar on the side. If we're goin' southern style don't forget 'em hush puppies and red sauce!

I will sample all the animals! There are so many animals on my 'to eat' bucket list it isn't even funny. No discrimination between land/water here. Where do I sign up for the Rhino Burgers and Jellyfish Fries?

In China they have a live-fish entree that is on my top 10 (video below - ooky/gross disclaimer provided thusly)

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish, chips dressing and gravy. It doesn't taste like this anywhere in the US. Every town here has at least one fish joint in which 80% of what that sell in deep fried fish. That taste in the deep fryer is what makes the freshly cut potatoes taste SO good. The dressing is made with a Newfoundland savoury that you also won't find anywhere else. I'm seriously going to have to buy new clothes before I leave.

I'm so full.

IMG_9227.JPG

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flour, salt and pepper and fried. I'm having fish 'n chips tomorrow. I can't wait! I'm not good with live things. I have to leave the house when Dad cooks the lobster.

I used to love watching my neighbors boil live blue crabs as a kid. I boil crawfish now and it doesn't bother me.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like the idea of it at all. My people eat from the land... I would starve to death if I had to kill something. I'm a disgrace to my people. Lol!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back