Where can i get this fish

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know where i can get one of these and why there not on live aquaria anymore?

22E5D23F-CB79-44C8-AF0E-B34763D924C1.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know where i can get one of these and why there not on live aquaria anymore?

22E5D23F-CB79-44C8-AF0E-B34763D924C1.jpeg
You may just need to wait for one to appear in your LFS and ask them to try hunt one down.
Personally I’d recommend avoiding LA as they’ve been going downhill a lot recently.

Upvote 0

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to know I wasn't totally off base with what genus I was thinking.
I know a few different people on the forum here have been looking for these fish for some time now, but the only places I can find that actually carry them don't ship, and they're like halfway across the country from the people looking to buy.

OP - asking your LFS to special order one might work in this case - a number of different wholesalers carry Paracentropogon spp. (sometimes known as Ablabys spp.), so your store could theoretically place an order for these guys. Barring that - if money isn't an issue - you could probably special order one through a place like Marine Collectors or KP Aquatics. Otherwise, like mentioned above, you'll probably just need to keep your eyes open and wait.

Best of luck!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to know I wasn't totally off base with what genus I was thinking.
I know a few different people on the forum here have been looking for these fish for some time now, but the only places I can find that actually carry them don't ship, and they're like halfway across the country from the people looking to buy.

OP - asking your LFS to special order one might work in this case - a number of different wholesalers carry Paracentropogon spp. (sometimes known as Ablabys spp.), so your store could theoretically place an order for these guys. Barring that - if money isn't an issue - you could probably special order one through a place like Marine Collectors or KP Aquatics. Otherwise, like mentioned above, you'll probably just need to keep your eyes open and wait.

Best of luck!
Do you know if theres any in Texas, how much do you think it would cost to get one? I’m willing to spend 150-200 bucks on one? Thanks

Upvote 0

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Redfin waspfish is just another name for rooster waspfish. They're also called pygmy rooster waspfish, according to Google.

If you're in Austin, ask Austin Aqua-Dome. That's where I got mine.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redfin waspfish is just another name for rooster waspfish. They're also called pygmy rooster waspfish, according to Google.

If you're in Austin, ask Austin Aqua-Dome. That's where I got mine.
When you look up red fin rooster there only red and white, when you look up red fin wasp fish this fish comes up with bits of black in it? Are they still the same fish and are a different colors or are they different?

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back