Where can i get this fish

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know where i can get one of these and why there not on live aquaria anymore?

22E5D23F-CB79-44C8-AF0E-B34763D924C1.jpeg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went to the lfs to pick up some snails…and the first thing I see is the words “red rooster wasp fish” on the side of the tank. Needless to say, I almost immediately got it. I’ll post pics once it’s settled.
@lion king - any tips on quarantining a scorp? Do they handle copper well or should I do more of an observational qt like a dragonet?

No they do not handle copper and any treatment is tricky. I suggest an observation qt, establish a strong feeding routine for about 4 weeks. If by chance they don't eat after offering appropriate live foods or show other signs, then care must be taken to treat for internal parasites.

Because of their special slime coating and shedding ability, unless in very bad condition, they are very resistant to protazoan diseases, so copper is completely unnecessary any way. Protazoan disease also will not be attached to inadvertently transfer. Some will argue about copper treatment because they may have a scorp that survived treatment. But they always die afterwards, rarely living more than a few months.

Treatment with gc or fritz paracleanse and the active ingredients of prazi and metro can be successful under special care, by splitting dose into 3rds. I don't recommend any other potential treatments.

Upvote 0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they do not handle copper and any treatment is tricky. I suggest an observation qt, establish a strong feeding routine for about 4 weeks. If by chance they don't eat after offering appropriate live foods or show other signs, then care must be taken to treat for internal parasites.

Because of their special slime coating and shedding ability, unless in very bad condition, they are very resistant to protazoan diseases, so copper is completely unnecessary any way. Protazoan disease also will not be attached to inadvertently transfer. Some will argue about copper treatment because they may have a scorp that survived treatment. But they always die afterwards, rarely living more than a few months.

Treatment with gc or fritz paracleanse and the active ingredients of prazi and metro can be successful under special care, by splitting dose into 3rds. I don't recommend any other potential treatments.
Thank you!
If one did break out in ich, is hypo an acceptable treatment (not that I plan on doing it unless necessary)?

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
If one did break out in ich, is hypo an acceptable treatment (not that I plan on doing it unless necessary)?

The only time I've seen a scorp, and that includes lions, break out in ick, it's already too late. They would already have to in very poor health and possibly even in poor conditions, or recently in poor conditions. The simple fact is a healthy scorp has a slime coating that is almost impossible for ick to attach, and if attacked, they shed their outermost layer to rid themselves of the attack.

I am not skilled or confident in hypo and see people that refuse to accept that scorps won't transfer ick, do hypo, and most times it ends badly. Likely due to stress, and while over time scorps can adjust to sub prime water conditions, they do not do well with rapid changes. Optimum water quality and at least a live diet to acclimate to captive living is the best medicine. It's not only that many scorps don't immediately accept dead foods that need to be fed live initially, this live food also serves to recharge their nutritional stores and charge up their immune systems. Hypo would be your call, but honestly I've never seen the need for it.

Make sure to match sg if putting in an observation, or a slow controlled acclimation to raise sg if more than.002 higher.

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 131 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back