Where can i get this fish

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know where i can get one of these and why there not on live aquaria anymore?

22E5D23F-CB79-44C8-AF0E-B34763D924C1.jpeg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big do they get?

Around 7", would be considered a medium bodied lion. This is a lion that would be a fluke to find, I'm the only person that I've ever known that had one and I got it on a fluke. The owner of an lfs was at a wholesaler and sent me a pic of this one in an unmarked tank alone, I'm not even sure the wholesaler knew what it was.

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around 7", would be considered a medium bodied lion. This is a lion that would be a fluke to find, I'm the only person that I've ever known that had one and I got it on a fluke. The owner of an lfs was at a wholesaler and sent me a pic of this one in an unmarked tank alone, I'm not even sure the wholesaler knew what it was.
I’ve seen quite a few over here, but I’d assume what we find in the UK is different to what you find in the US. For example we find barely any captive bred fish (Literally just clowns… Not much else) whereas you guys can find almost every if not every CB fish available.

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen quite a few over here, but I’d assume what we find in the UK is different to what you find in the US. For example we find barely any captive bred fish (Literally just clowns… Not much else) whereas you guys can find almost every if not every CB fish available.

That's interesting, I also hear you see alot more varieties of scorps. I'm not sure why, I get very frustrated, as far as lfs carrying any, forget it, I have to special order everything. I would love to have another one.

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting, I also hear you see alot more varieties of scorps. I'm not sure why, I get very frustrated, as far as lfs carrying any, forget it, I have to special order everything. I would love to have another one.
Yeah, the variety is much wider over here. I’ve seen a few rather unusual coloured, one of the scorpions I’ve seen that was unusual was actually bought by a fellow reefer on here (I believe it was @Things_With_Stings_Reef). It was a bright orange Imnicus didactylus. In that same tank was in fact a Blue Footed Lion aswell and in person they’re stunning.

Upvote 0

YungSonTheSun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are gorgers, so it could be from pigging out. A female also does hold eggs, but this is likely an uncommon occurrence, as I have never seen it. Lety's try and sex them like their salt water cousins; the dorsal spines on a male will be elongated at the front while the females are more even though out. Can you see a difference between the 4 and guess which may be male or female. My white face girl always has a balloon belly, because she is huge piggie.
Looks to me that all their fins are bigger at the front and then go into a smaller bunch at the middle. Some of the middle dorsal fins are even across while some make a arc. Are you telling me the UK can possibly get different waspfish???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought one, what do i feed it. It’s about 2 and half inches

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought one, what do i feed it. It’s about 2 and half inches

Read through the link I posted on the 1st page. I've had mine for almost 3 years; they get live ghost shrimp maybe a couple times a month, live black worms, Hikari mega marine, pe mysis, and various minced seafood that I eat.

Upvote 0

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upvote 0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went to the lfs to pick up some snails…and the first thing I see is the words “red rooster wasp fish” on the side of the tank. Needless to say, I almost immediately got it. I’ll post pics once it’s settled.
@lion king - any tips on quarantining a scorp? Do they handle copper well or should I do more of an observational qt like a dragonet?

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 64 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back