Where Does Everyone Buy Their Fish?

HgrReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says. I've been in the hobby about 8 years, and my standard go-to is LA Diver's Den, but also visit a few others like Blue Zoo and SaltwaterFish. Just curious if there are any other sites you guys hit up for quality fish.

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly, Unique Corals has extremely healthy fish. They don't stock a lot of different varieties but the ones they do stock always come super healthy. They do a really good job at supplying healthy fish that dont drop off on you.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy what I can from my LFS who usually has very healthy fish. My Potter's wrasse came from them and never missed a lick.

On line I buy from Reefwise, NY Aquatic, LA/DD and occasionally from Blue Zoo (have gotten a couple of bargains there like a male Labout's wrasse for $179)

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish world in Richmond va. he's expensive but I've never had anything die and he makes sure your more difficult fish are eating and I've never seen any diseases in his tanks..oh and best part he doesn't mind the kids

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwise is local also, but there are over 15 LFS within a hours drive. That does not count the Petcos On-line is DD or Bluezoo.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice to see a bunch of our fine sponsors on the lists!

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I predominately order from saltwaterfish - I like their free shipping promos, and fedex service. I've got no complaints - I had one shrimp arrive DOA like 7 years ago - just follow the policy (snap time stamped photo upon arrival and raise claim immediately), and they made me right on the next order. No one is perfect, and no order is the exact same so I'm sure others have opinions about them.

I will occasionally buy from LFSs after I eyeball a critter for some time - if its my first shopping experience in a LFS I'll ask if they'll except a deposit on a newly arrived critter as a litmus test on whether or not they're confident in the quality of their livestock. Being new here, I can't wait to test out some sponsers, and soforth - when it is time! Things are startin' to groove right after a move, transfer, and upgrade. Gotta get my stability jivin' just right.

Anyway, I'm ramblin - Every vendor is sure to offer some good and unsavory service at times. Sometimes it's the issue resolution that sets some vendors apart from others.

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NYAquatic,
Divers den
PetSolutions.com (same as live aquaria in every way but less expensive)
Live aquaria

Pieces of the ocean and zoacollector are great vendors when I've purchased from them, but my experience is a bit limited. NYAquatic is the best hands down IMO.

I very much dislike blue zoo aquatics based on poor arrived fish, horrible customer service blaming me for DOA and fish dead within hours, and proceeded to bash their competition. The person I was talking to claimed to be some higher title I cannot remember. They also are very expensive and ship tiny fish often smaller than advertised on the few orders I've received from them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back