Where Does Everyone Buy Their Fish?

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ny Aquatic and the reef corner

I would NOT buy from The Reef Corner. My bad experience is in my signature. Ed was ok to deal with until I had a problem and then I've never dealt with someone so unprofessional in my life!

I've had great experiences with Liveaquaria and NY Aquatic... and you cannot beat a 14 day arrive alive and stay alive guarantee. I have had a few claims with Liveaquaria and they have always refunded my money with no questions asked!

rick6034

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get EVERYTHING from one place, if your near Cleveland, OH, AQUATICA Superstore in Valley City is the place to go! ALL their livestock is VERY HEALTHY, and any product your looking for they probably have it. They are very friendly and helpful, and the price is right!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased virtually all of my stock from local fish stores where I can see them swim and evaluate them in person. I've also purchased fish - with great success - from NYAquatic, but I kind of cheat. He's close enough to me that local pickup is my choice of delivery method! (>_<)

With a larger tank in progress, I think I may find myself looking online more often, just for the greater diversity of species.

~Bruce

reeftank220master

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly, Unique Corals has extremely healthy fish. They don't stock a lot of different varieties but the ones they do stock always come super healthy. They do a really good job at supplying healthy fish that dont drop off on you.
Unique Corals have some of the healthiest animals you will ever find and they list what fish where net caught!! A real class operation and worth every penny..

SBlisters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwise is local also, but there are over 15 LFS within a hours drive. That does not count the Petcos On-line is DD or Bluezoo.
I'm so pleased about the mentions of Reefwise. I'd not heard of them before and they are darn close to me! I'm going to go check them out[emoji225]

AZBeers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwise is the place! Very professional and well kept place. Have bought some of my fish from there all still healthy and beautiful.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, I kept freshwater fish. There was a local guy, Jack, who had a fish store. I tried a bunch of places. Some had great deals and their fish often perished. Jack's fish were really good. I learned how to recognize a good healthy fish.

I buy from the LFS. One in particular, Stormborn Reef, has nice healthy fish. I get my fish from there. There is a benefit from buying local. If you have a problem, you can pick up a phone and get advice. Before I went on vacation, I asked Sarah if my tank sitter, Katie could call her if there was a problem. Katie is very conscientious and she tends to worry which, I guess, is not a bad thing. Well, the skimmer went nuts. Katie turned it off and called Sarah. Sarah told he that it would be fine and it was.

Now some people do not have good local suppliers. I have heard good things about Live Aquaria and especially Divers Den and Bluezoo Aquatics.

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Healthy pet center in Latham ny. Expanding there aquatics department to become have the biggest aquatics department in upstate ny. And live aquaria. All the other places around here don't have healthy fish and not a great selection.

Also green mountain coral near Burlington vt. Matts awesome

jeffrey holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy from Saltwaterfish & Petco. Lost a Blue Hippo due to bad handeling by fedex from saltwaterfish. They replaced it with a bigger one immediately. No loses from petco so far, all fish are fat and healthy.

harley3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS, KY Saltwater Supply, is the only place I buy livestock from. They have great prices, have helped me a ton and will special order any fish I want.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back