OP
OP
F

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone near anything about the supernova very interested for pictures and info on that

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

xXMCGRAWXx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which fixture or fixtures would be suggested for a 4' x 3' x 2.5'h reef tank with sps ?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some crazy stuff happen the other day. I went to bed and the light was fine, came home to from work and i had a diatom bloom like you would not believe. I checked all my parameters and checked the reef breeders light and found that it reset to factory default! I run my lights at ch1 45% and ch2 at 30% so you can imagine how much of a change that is. The corals luckly didnt look too bad (except my frogspawn) but i went through and reset everything again makeing sure that on each half hour i hit the save button for the ammount of light (it took forever)

2 days later... same thing happened

Yesterday, power outtage and had to do the same exact thing

Now i know the power outtage doesnt affect the lights programing because the light was sent to me with the correct time and date when i first plugged it in, and when i tested the light to see what would happen i set each time incriment to a different amount, saved it, and unplugged it. Then i plugged it in and tried again, it had saved everything.

What the heck (for a lack of a better word) is going on? I mean yes they were cheaper but, for twice that a radion would have been worth it!

Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some crazy stuff happen the other day. I went to bed and the light was fine, came home to from work and i had a diatom bloom like you would not believe. I checked all my parameters and checked the reef breeders light and found that it reset to factory default! I run my lights at ch1 45% and ch2 at 30% so you can imagine how much of a change that is. The corals luckly didnt look too bad (except my frogspawn) but i went through and reset everything again makeing sure that on each half hour i hit the save button for the ammount of light (it took forever)

Now i know the power outtage doesnt affect the lights programing because the light was sent to me with the correct time and date when i first plugged it in, and when i tested the light to see what would happen i set each time incriment to a different amount, saved it, and unplugged it. Then i plugged it in and tried again, it had saved everything.

What the heck (for a lack of a better word) is going on? I mean yes they were cheaper but, for twice that a radion would have been worth it!

Yeah my p.o.s. controller does this too. Don't have time to fix it, and my tank can't afford to be without lights so I just deal with...

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

To save your program, go through the preview mode, then hit save. If the power goes out, go to menu-custom- reset and itvwill go back to your previous settings. If that does not work, we can send a new one. Also, please contact us before you post an issue publicly. It is nicer if we get a chance to fix the issue first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I believe there is a way to get the controller to go back to your program automatically. I will double check.

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan, in no way am i bashing your product... If i wanted to bash you lol it be brutal ;)

Sorry if i came off as that, i was just looking for any tricks others have found.

For the price, this is the best light hands down... I cant even build one for that much

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan, in no way am i bashing your product... If i wanted to bash you lol it be brutal ;)

Sorry if i came off as that, i was just looking for any tricks others have found.

For the price, this is the best light hands down... I cant even build one for that much

I asked the manufacturer and am awaiting a response, I believe you can delete the default settings

Dana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on mine:
I've read about people having algae outbreaks with these. Well mine broke out terrible with diatoms and green hair.
But, it has finally slowly gone away, but really, whose tank doesn't freak out when you do a major change like this to a reef tank?
My corals are doing well, so I'm happy.
Btw I'm running like 40% blue 25 white mid day.

swimmatte

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't those the same as the Evergrow D120's, just with their name on it and a couple hundred more than hoping on a group buy?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't those the same as the Evergrow D120's, just with their name on it and a couple hundred more than hoping on a group buy?

I am not sure where you can get a couple hundred less than retail, we don't get them that cheap. Yes, the value fixtures are d120s, but our price is the same, and they include a 2 year usa warranty, a heatsink, and a nicer case.

Dana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm super happy with my reef breeder. Especially now that my algae bloom has subsided. And My birdsnest is really growing nicely....

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi, we heard from other customers that it is only the half hour steps that have issues saving settings. Switch to one hour for now, we are working on a solution.

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The workaround is to go into custom and hit menu. It'll go back to what you had.

It will still revert the next time the power goes out though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received my Nova A4. First impression is it is built very well. I only turned in on and I have to say, it's bright. I just am not sure which tank I want to experiment on. My 30 gallon breeder or my 60 gallon display. Both are running 250 MH.

I will send picture update soon.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 151 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back