Who uses reef breeders led

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to try it out on my frag tank before I install them over my main display. Here are a couple pics. The RBs are at 30% and the other channel is at 45% Still a little to purple/blue for my liking. At 100% it's still way more blue the my raduim 21k. I know channel 2 has whites, reds, purples, and a few blues. What can I change to give me a more ice white look?

mr. pluto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-16s on a 30x30x20
054_zps48d6dca6.jpg

motoxjunky21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gone through all of these pages and I have to say these lights seem to be A-ok ! I would like to get these set up over my tank but need some help on which fixture will be right and also what optics will be best. The tank is a 125 gal. marineland corner-flo that is 72x18x22. In my opinion the 2 of the photon 32's would workout and I was thinking of using the 120 optics. Would this be the right choice ?

xXMCGRAWXx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience that would be a great choice shouldn't have a problem at all from sps to softies

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

motoxjunky21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a any company out there that makes a hanging fixture that sets on top of the tank to mount these to ?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I decided to try it out on my frag tank before I install them over my main display. Here are a couple pics. The RBs are at 30% and the other channel is at 45% Still a little to purple/blue for my liking. At 100% it's still way more blue the my raduim 21k. I know channel 2 has whites, reds, purples, and a few blues. What can I change to give me a more ice white look?

You can swap out one of the reds for a 14k, and do the same to 4 of the whites. Add 4 480s to the blue channel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

motoxjunky21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to hear ! I have a canopy over my tank in which the underside where you would normally mount lights only has a 6 1/4" clearance to my waterline. I would like to keep the canopy on top at all cost. If need be I could try a mounting fixture for the top of the tank w/out the canopy. Hanging lights from the ceiling is not an option. I do not like the look of it.
We are currently working on one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

motoxjunky21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a call to the contact number on the Reef Breeders website and left a message for a return call. I would order the lights now if I knew exactly what to get for my size tank and if the space under my canopy is sufficient.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a call to the contact number on the Reef Breeders website and left a message for a return call. I would order the lights now if I knew exactly what to get for my size tank and if the space under my canopy is sufficient.

I'll reach out to you tommorrow, we don't usually take calls on a sunday.

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on mine:
I've read about people having algae outbreaks with these. Well mine broke out terrible with diatoms and green hair.
But, it has finally slowly gone away, but really, whose tank doesn't freak out when you do a major change like this to a reef tank?
My corals are doing well, so I'm happy.
Btw I'm running like 40% blue 25 white mid day.

No joke about the algae bloom. Diatom and GH algae has taken effect. In the 3 weeks my reef breeder has been up and running. I may need to maybe back off the light some. I am running mid day at 50%blue ch1., and 25%white ch2. But kinda expected that with the change of lighting and or power head swap from the ole hydors to MP10's .... But my zoas, monti's are looking really good. Had to move my elegance and hammers. Way to much light, but move to the outsides, so no biggie!

Imsosavvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1372628387.353970.jpg

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

That's ****** dude. Wish I had the fabrication skills to make a little mount like that for my nano, so cool though I love it. Tht is the one kicker with these lights. Even though they come with a carabiner and the cables you pretty much have to have your tank in an ideal location with something solid above it to drill into or just make something on your own. I live in an apartment and don't have the luxury of tampering with or modifying the structure so I had to be a bit more inventive.

motoxjunky21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll reach out to you tommorrow, we don't usually take calls on a sunday.
No worries ! I seriously did not expect an answer and or call back on a Sunday. I just wanted to get a message in while I was thinking about it and looking on the site because if not I would have forgotten and procrastinated it lol.... Thanks for the response and look forward to your call.

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a mount and it was supper easy. My canopy has about 9 inches clearance. I don't know how to link to my build from r2r moble but all I did was buy aluminum strips. Drilled holes and mounted with nuts. Then mounted to canopy with nylon spacers.

Sent from my LGL75C using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%

Back