Who uses reef breeders led

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is on page 5 of my 180build.
Not the best pic but you can see. I drilled 1/2in hole in the aluminum so if fit over the hanger mount. Then washer and a acorn nut. Then I used a screw washer threw the aluminum and then a spacer into the canopy.

Sent from my LGL75C using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0512130157.jpg

Imsosavvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is on page 5 of my 180build.
Not the best pic but you can see. I drilled 1/2in hole in the aluminum so if fit over the hanger mount. Then washer and a acorn nut. Then I used a screw washer threw the aluminum and then a spacer into the canopy.

Yeah looks nice man you did a stellar job. Still the fundamental issue is if you don't have a canopy or anything else above to augment or drill into then therein the issue lies.
Very nice work though, looks sweet.

OP
OP
F

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I haven't bin around recently and after having the radion for a long time now I would like to say it blows its a over rated piece of garbage guys ill let use know how the hydra compares and the sol blue the hydra looks very promising

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I haven't bin around recently and after having the radion for a long time now I would like to say it blows its a over rated piece of garbage guys ill let use know how the hydra compares and the sol blue the hydra looks very promising

I'm also trying to decide now wether I buy this or the hydra, the hydra looks amazing though. For some reason I can't find any reviews of the hydra.

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also trying to decide now wether I buy this or the hydra, the hydra looks amazing though. For some reason I can't find any reviews of the hydra.

It was just released.

These will have more PAR and be stronger than the Hydra, but the Hydra does have some nice features. The director might be nice when it is released as well.

mykidsclownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new one here, but, thought i would share my pic. i have the reef breeder value led set up on my 20 gal. i run the blue at 30% and the whites at 20% for 8 hours a day. i have seen pretty good coraline and coral growth. here is a pic of my garb bansai and its growth in 5 months.
garf growth.jpg

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my photon32 today. Does anyone have any program suggestions so that I don't shock my corals when I change it out with my 150w halide in the morning?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my photon32 today. Does anyone have any program suggestions so that I don't shock my corals when I change it out with my 150w halide in the morning?

I have 2 IT2080's over my 180g and I had 1300W of MH, t5 and led stunners before I switched. After 7 months I'm doing a 4 hour sunrise, 5 hours of peak and 5 hours of sunset. The peak is now 90% blue and 50% white. I started with the same length of sunrise, peak and sunset, but the peak was 40% on each channel. I bumped up one channel or the other by 10% every week or two. Reprogramming 48 setting in all 3 fixtures (I have an IT2040 over an anemone tank too) is just brutal! But it all worked just fine. You have had less light (assuming it is just 1 150W MH?) so you may even want to start at lower settings.

Last edited:

kchristensen8064

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just got my photon32 on Wednesday. Have it all set up and only running up to 30% max for now as to not shock my corals. I'm loving the colors compared to my halide. 2 days in and very impressed so far.
y7ety9e5.jpg
a2e4ebyv.jpg

mr. pluto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** that's insane! Did u get a custom layout or just what they come with? How long have u been running them?
i got the photon 16s recently & they are stock, but i had another brand growing my corals for about 2 yrs. so it's not all of a sudden look what popped up.
The new photons are much brighter & more colorful then my previous setup as they are controllable & the old setup was just blue & white.

OP
OP
F

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had the problem where there lights suddenly switch to 100% I wasn't around for a two week and the lights had a mind of there own I wasn't around to change it like usual very disappointed all my coral is bleached

Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had the problem where there lights suddenly switch to 100% I wasn't around for a two week and the lights had a mind of there own I wasn't around to change it like usual very disappointed all my coral is bleached

Reef Breeders has said they found an issue with the 30 minute schedule resetting itself. No fix yet, just suggested using the 1-Hour schedule.

aslmx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would 3 of the value fixtures work in a 7'x2'x2' 210g
Mainly sps. Would be replacing 3 250 radiums

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would 3 of the value fixtures work in a 7'x2'x2' 210g
Mainly sps. Would be replacing 3 250 radiums

3 EverGrow D120's (or RB 'Value Fixtures') is a bit iffy for a 7' long tank, especially if you are doing sps corals. If you are doing lower light corals and can hang the 3 fixtures a bit higher (for more than a 2' x 2' spread) they could be OK. You'd be fine with 4 of them. IMHO, 2 EverGrow IT2080's would be a better option, but they are $449 each. Look at OceanRevive (a new sponsor here) as they sell EG fixtures.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back