Wyoming whites???

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's fascinating to me that snowflakes and fancy clowns still go for up to $200 a fish for really nice ones, and wyoming whites, which up until a few months ago, were very rare, and are still the nicest fish out there, are now wholesaling for $40 a fish.
Im sure you meant $90.00 is wholesale.$40 is ridiculous, whoever is doing that is cracking the market!!

saltwater bob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I think he is right. I heard that Sustainable Aquatices is sell the WW for $40 each wholesale.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the bonded pair of WW on LA DD for $229. Really?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

seamonkey84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously... Just months ago a prized and rare fish is now cheaper than their platinum cousins...***

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a shame. Simple supply and demand. 6-12 months ago these fish were few and far between, now there is atleast 2 big name breeders producing these fish on a fairly large scale. With there being a big supply inevitably the price comes down as it has. Beautiful fish nonetheless

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I think he is right. I heard that Sustainable Aquatices is sell the WW for $40 each wholesale.

They were 80.00 each wholesale at SA . Back in September when we was able to take a tour. Which they no longer do to the public. It was a 1 time lucky club meeting thing. Here in Tennessee , where the hatchery is.

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^thats more like it... $40.00each comeon really, whoever told you that gossip buy 40 of them and send them my way ill pay $40.00 each in a heartbeat :////////

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you guys really complaining that they are more affordable? I bought these fish because of how awesome they look. IMO the platinums dont compare, this white is almost pearlescent. They look like a more refined platinum.

seamonkey84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad that they are affordable now and more people can enjoy them, I am just disappointed with how fast and far the price dropped. I got a "good deal" on my pair when sea and reef first released, and that was 500 for the pair while others were selling them for 6-700 a pair some places. We just don't feel as special for owning what was a "rare" fish. I like these much better than platinums and seeing the price to for less than platinums is just kinda disheartening in a way, but that's just a price vs value way of looking at it I know.

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also glad that more people are able to enjoy them. Just very surprised that the price went down so drastically really fast. For a few years, they weren't available and when they became available, there's an abundance. ;)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back