Yet Another Plumbing Question

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be finishing up some temporary plumbing on my tank until my new OM motor comes in. what I am wondering is it wise to stay away from threaded fittings? I need to incorporate a couple of T's and thought because they will be joined with Unions and true union ball valves could I get threaded T's? That way when I'm done I wouldn't have to throw all the plumbing out but rather keep it for if I had to do this again for some reason? Basically what I want to do is get threaded T's and some other male threaded fittings. Make sense?

Eric

tekken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go with threaded... and make sure to use unions on all points, makes it so much easier for maintenance... and yes, use teflon tape.

OP
OP
F

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go with SpaFlex up through the floor. Then some rigid plumbing in order to add my True union ball valves for isolation and cleaning reason. But then running nipples off of that with Black vinyl hosing to do all the final connections.

Eric

colbrunn123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do threaded pipe.If you move the pipe wrong you can have leaks everywhere.If you are doing a drain line.I just glued mine together with silicon.On my pressure lines i solid glue all joints and have unions every so many feet.Threaded pipe is not the way to go.If you need that one size pipe and they don't have it threaded. "?" What you going to do.If you have to do long runs.Look into this pipe it's called PEX you can use barbed fittings you can get it in 1/2" 3/4" 1" stuff works great need no fitting like 90s 45s this stuff bends real easy.I'm a plumber by trade by the way.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back