You and Your Screen Name

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m actually a 220 gallon reefer now. Guess I should change name.
Desjardin Sailfin
Foxface
Hippo tang
CB Butterfly
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Mchlosker Flasher
Pintail Wrasse
Solar Wrasse
Royal Gramm
2 Green Chromis
2 Clownfish
And Tons of Battlecorals Acros
IMG_3514.jpeg
Just add a +.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reefing since the 1990's. :eek: Doesn't seem that long but dang it's been a fun ride. I go gaga for SPS and Wrasses. I can make fish faces with them every time I am at my tank.:face-with-hand-over-mouth: I currently have a 60B with a 40B sump. In the planning stages to upgrade to a large tank. It has always baffled me when I see folks posting threads called "Help Me Stock My Tank" "Or What Fish Should I Get". Whether a Nano or a 500g custom install - and you don't know what fish you want??

So do you live up to your Screen Name?

So this is Fishface NJ's list of fish are:

• Yasha Goby
  • Hector Goby
  • Yellow Wrasse
  • McCosker Wrasse
  • Blue Star Leopard Wrasse
  • Radiant Wrasse
  • Helfrichi Firefish
  • Midas Blenny
Cheers!
I mean, I get told I don’t :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
The reason for the name? Honestly, there wasn’t really any reason but it’s stuck with me almost like an ironic name.
IMG_0013.jpeg

Those who know me know this is what my fish lists look like when I’m talking about wrasses (in fact almost any fish I always do scientific names if I remember them). I go nuts for wrasses if you couldn’t already tell. Angels and Rabbits also make a feature in any of my tanks big enough.

And here’s my 5’ tank now it’s running somewhat smoothly.
IMG_9996.jpeg

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well…I’m Swedish, I have a beard and I reef.
red beard? MC1R is at play and is pretty persistent

if, like me you have always wondered why everyone seems to have red in the beard, now you know

…just another unsolicited useless fact :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red beard? MC1R is at play and is pretty persistent

if, like me you have always wondered why everyone seems to have red in the beard, now you know

…just another unsolicited useless fact :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Haha interesting. Not a lot of red I’m afraid. More towards the blond side of things I’d say if anything…but you bd the judge lol
1713080746520.png

Tarantula424

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, the name stuck even after the last tarantula left the house. For me it was 40, so not quite as much as you ;) Arachnoboards, wow, havent been there in ages! Better not go back, might be tempted again. Although the girlfriend doesnt hate them, she doesnt like them either haha :p

Screenshot_20240412_210950_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240412_210918_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240412_210859_Facebook.jpg
Definitely miss it. I started with Avic's, versicolors being the first. Although I think they got reclassified a few years ago to caribbena. Then I moved onto old world. I really miss my Poec metallicas.

Tarantula424

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my wife won't let me stop and catch the tarantulas when we see them.

Those tarantula wasps almost seem big enough to carry off my kids!
Anything you can find in the US (Aphonapelma genus) are going to be pretty boring in my opinion. Just big brown guys. There are so many that I find really beautiful. The last pic is a green bottle blue tarantula and it was actually very calm.

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_005044.jpg
    IMG_20170518_005044.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170525_023127.jpg
    IMG_20170525_023127.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20161203_174843.jpg
    IMG_20161203_174843.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 14

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything you can find in the US (Aphonapelma genus) are going to be pretty boring in my opinion. Just big brown guys. There are so many that I find really beautiful. The last pic is a green bottle blue tarantula and it was actually very calm.
Absolutely not in so many languages.. nope.. nein! NET!! Makes me want to go put a chair in the middle of my living room and stand there forever.

Tarantula424

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely not in so many languages.. nope.. nein! NET!! Makes me want to go put a chair in the middle of my living room and stand there forever.
Haha sorry. Here's a Pic of my dog judging me to hopefully make up for that.

Attachments

• 20240223_001140.jpg
    20240223_001140.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 12

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha sorry. Here's a Pic of my dog judging me to hopefully make up for that.
We all have that face have right now.

As a side note, my neighborhood had an earth day festival yesterday with a reptile show in the school gym. Naturally, the speaker comes out holding a tarantula, first clarifying that it is not, in fact, a reptile, but anyone in the front row of the bleachers could hold it anyway. My youngest and I retreated to the top row of the bleachers--in a manly sort of way that respectfully made room for others, not in a way that suggests our bladders were at risk of spontaneous release.

I prefer the reptiles that have scales and 0 to 4 legs.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a reference to Mr Knightley from Emma. Knightley is also my middle name.
On every other site I use the name Jikkermanccini, which evolved over the course of a JackBox session at four in the morning. Started with JK (my first initials), then Jik, jikky, etc. eventually became Jikkers and I added the Manccini to (crudely) reflect my Italian heritage. I even spelt it wrong (should be mancini).

56longroof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I guess I live up to my screen name since I spent so much time and money getting the car in the condition it is now. You guys think reef keeping is expensive. Pick up a old car for a side hobby. You'll be selling organs in no time.

BrokeBudgetReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha mine a fun one. It started out with me opening up a instagram showing how to reef with no money lol. Used equipment black box leds, jebao stuff, etc.

Times have changed with this last build as it was a dream build with what ever equipment I wanted but at heart I'm still a cheapo.

BrokeBudgetReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I guess I live up to my screen name since I spent so much time and money getting the car in the condition it is now. You guys think reef keeping is expensive. Pick up a old car for a side hobby. You'll be selling organs in no time.
I feel that. I built a 650 who 1993 rx7 (still rotary) and working on a 71 vw bus with a 42.5 plymouth pickup on ice lol

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ha! I feel like I kinda screwed myself picking such a boring screenname... orrrr, maybe that says something about me that I didn't even realize.

Mmmmm, what would I change my screenname to if I were to update it..........

SRQ-Giraffe has been my alias on other sites... simply because I'm from Sarasota (SRQ) and because I'm tall (6'3"), so still kinda boring.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back