Your hands transfer stuff into the water

numsie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great post, every time I put my hands in I think about what might be on them. I do wash before I put them in with plain water and wear gloves as well but I am sure stuff still gets in! I just ordered Two Little Fishies Julian's Thing to help with the target feeding.

Last edited:

robinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wash my hands and arms before I get into the tank,as well as putting my hair up.Great post!I never allow anyone else to touch my water or the inside of my tank,that's grounds to see a very angry me!!

Reefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes perfect sense. I was my hands and my gloves (coralife arm length) before getting in it. My tank is 20+ inches deep so its almost a requirement for me but they're a great investment for anyone. A little cumbersome w delicate pieces bit you'll adapt.

Dumnorix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah +1 on gloves and I agree with the nature's own method...how many here have "lost" something only to have it reappear as a whole new colony elsewhere? On my las tank I thought I lost a 3 polyp head of acans, one small fleshy piece left over grew out of the rocks and became 10 polyps before I "found" it again. Same thing with a couple digitata pieces that broke off because I wasn't very careful. The digis were more of a clusy transplant...
Lotions and soap residue...cleaners and solvent vapors...and if you smoke...all of it gets in there

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back