Zebra and powder blue tang together

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rare zebra Tang and regular powder blue tang that are both around 4 inches. Coming from the same family, it could be tricky adding them to my 9 foot 800 gallon tank. They will go in together and last. What do you think are the chances that this will work out. They are both pretty aggressive in their own right. In fact I had to separate the zebra into the sump of my QT/holding tank while I condition fish for the new build 800g. He was going after the Yellow tangs with allot of aggression. PB is in separate QT tank for now

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with the zebra is that its a tang that will hold its own against other tangs even when added last. Mine was with an achilles , a very large hippo , 2 yellows, 1 purple a large chocolate and a mustad tang. The mustard tang always attacked it and after few months I had to remove the mustard after it injured the zebra and it had a big open wound at the stomach which got infected and it ended up dying from it. I just placed a new zebra much smaller than the previous one in an acclamation box to hopefully release it jn few days will.see how that goes. I'm.afraid to add a powder blue as I'm.afraid of it fighting woth achilles. If I had to chose between a zebra and a powder blue zebra would be my choice.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 100 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back