ZEOvit tanks - lets see them!

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a few minutes to hunt down all of the right pictures. I started my tank back at the beginning of September, and we are quickly approaching six months using the ZeoVit system. I'm pretty happy with the tanks direction and havent experienced any real set backs as of yet. Hopefully I can get these all in chronological order.

Day 3
1525start.jpeg

Sump
16sump.jpeg

2 weeks
2weeks.JPG

Day 17
3day17.JPG

1 month
41month.JPG

6 weeks
56weeks.jpeg

2 months
62months.JPG

3 months
73months.JPG

4 months
84months.JPG

5 months
95months.JPG

6 months
91IMG_1314.JPG

ZeoVit Dosing Schedule recorded on Apex
apexzeorecord.PNG

ORA Birdsnest Day 7ish
bnew.jpeg

ORA Birdsnest 1 month
bn1month.jpeg

ORA Birdsnest 3 months
bn3months.JPG

ORA Birdsnest 4 months
bn4months.JPG
Wow im getting my 100g ready and i decided to do the zovite sys . I was a little weary about it but seeing the growth of your corals im all in!!!

jeffrey holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG

150g mixed. Tank up one year this month. Using the Zeovit system since Sept 2016. Great coral growth and color. experienced similar problems as others with algae. corrected the dose and flow. Will be upgrading to a AVAST zeovit reactor to shake the rocks with control thru apex. pumping those rocks gets old.

Kurt Grant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting i thought softies didnt like the water so clean.. and i just got the avast zeovit reactor dont think ill remember to plunge that thing everday

Bigtickets

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed. I just had a velvet outbreak that took every fish I had....

So, after that, I started thinking about the future of the tank ie UV sterilizer etc. Decided to go with the Zeovit system on account of looking around and seeing pretty solid results. 2 questions though, should I run a fuge with chato or not and I have a lot of live rock in there. Will this cause a problem with algae etc. ?

reeftilldie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So, after that, I started thinking about the future of the tank ie UV sterilizer etc. Decided to go with the Zeovit system on account of looking around and seeing pretty solid results. 2 questions though, should I run a fuge with chato or not and I have a lot of live rock in there. Will this cause a problem with algae etc. ?

Zeovit dont need fuge. Mine run without fuge as many others.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Running a fuge with ZeoVit is not necessary, nor is it recommended. In theory they fulfill the same role in the tank - nutrient management. Generally a fuge with macros will die or never really do anything because the zeolites tend to pull out nutrients more agressively than the macros. Pick one or the other, but not both.

Live rock is beneficial and should cause an algae outbreak unless you have something that's invasive or a nuisance. I don't have much algae on my tank at all, just some film algae on the glass I need to scrape every few days.

As a side note, UV is also not recommended for ZeoVit tanks, as the thought is the UV will kill the bacteria that you are adding to the water column to drive the nutrient reduction. If you want to use UV, I'd suggest running a large macro refugium for nutrient management/export.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll bump this. Let's see some more tanks!

Fuppets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stumbled across this old thread doing some Zeovit research. Just wondering if any of you are still running this system years later.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back