OP
E

engineeronh2o

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunny your prices are the BEST! If I had a day off, I would order a huge pack. Maybe we could arrange for a Saturday delivery.

$15 or less for Rastas <-----Can't be beat! Many people on here have been asking where they can get the best prices. Check out this guy SunnyX!

Also, great pics! The natural 14K-ish lighting so the buyer knows what they are getting.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, based on the lists I see I'm selling my zoas/paly's WAY to cheap!! :p

your prices and stock are very nice and i too have been thinking about placing an order

on a side note though - all of these prices are already outdated
i have been watching the zoa sell threads and prices have fallen considerably over the last couple months
could be the economy, summer pricing, or simply that many of the once less common zoas are now spread around more and therby more available
either way if you buy a pack you can easily get them for almost half what is listed here
i'm still looking for that just right deal, but am confident by the end of summer i will get a nice pack for a really good price

OP
OP
E

engineeronh2o

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$20 for Rastas? Where'd ya see that?

Yeah, you are right about outdated. Check out this quote back on May 7th. This guy questions me about Rastas for $20, and Sunny has them for even less. Should have seen the attacks and the (Your Prices are Ridiculous) PMs that I received. Again here are the 10 prices that I listed almost 2 months ago.

1. Candy Apple Reds - $10
2. Blue Agaves - $30
3. Galaxy PE - $30
4. Rastas - $20
5. Chong Bong - $20
6. Red Hornet - $25
7. Valentine Day Massacre - $15
8. Pink Rhino / Chucky's Bride - $40
9. Purple Hornet - $20
10. Strawberry Wine - $10

As for the outdated, the Kelly Blue Book is always adjusting the values as time passes and this would need to be the same to have accurate prices in the "Here and Now".

OP
OP
E

engineeronh2o

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of these prices (especially the Hornets) have fallen and my prices 2 months ago, should be lowered now at least $5 per polyp.

63vette427

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why there is such a problem with complaining about pricing. If you think you find a good deal , BUY IT. If it's not a good deal to you then, DON"T BUY. I think it's very simple. I will say sometimes cheaper prices mean cheaper product. All of this is basic economics..

sfreefer

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why there is such a problem with complaining about pricing. If you think you find a good deal , BUY IT. If it's not a good deal to you then, DON"T BUY. I think it's very simple. I will say sometimes cheaper prices mean cheaper product. All of this is basic economics..

I don't understand why you don't understand the thread it's basic economics.

sfreefer

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also note that whenever you see thread like this big player seller's on this site are nowhere to be found. They don't like the thread lol except for Mr. Coral.

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm with you man... Higher prices could potentially mean a better product. I would expect the seller of higher priced corals to have a pest free tank, stable tank, expensive to run, etc. I have said it earlier and will say it again, some people sell out of a 12gal nano cube while others sell out of a store with huge overhead costs. There are many factors that determine a price.

I don't expect this thread to go anywhere further than what every other pricing thread has gone (which is no where). Polyps that at one time cost $100 per polyp will be $20 per polyp, and there will then be new polyps costing $100. This has been going on for years and will not change. If you can't afford it today, wait until tomorrow and the price will be cheaper.

OP
OP
E

engineeronh2o

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well some polyps are worth a price and keeps it's value better than others. As for a higher price equals a better pest free coral, then you are saying sunny has pests? His tanks are world class are they not? This thread isn't a price complaint thread. Just saying each known polyp has a value much like a car and would be nice to know what a fair average price is for a polyp.

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all, I have bought from Sonny. Sometimes hobbyists and vendors sell some pieces at great prices. I didn't say that what I said was 100% accurate. Just what I would expect if I was paying top dollar for something.

In Sonny's case if he raised his prices he would have no problem selling everything, lol. I have seen this happen so many times. Can't sell something at $49, but come back and call it LE and double the price and it sells in no time. It's a sick world we live in.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back