OP
40g Nano

40g Nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know my phosphate but all of my other corals, leather, duncan, palys, gsp are open
i have a peppermint shrimp and those eat aptasia right?
Also i don't have a filter for a camera

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know my phosphate but all of my other corals, leather, duncan, palys, gsp are open
Phosphate is definitely something important to keep an eye on. Personally I believe they're as important as the 3 majors & Nitrates. Too high of phosphates can cause algae blooms and corals like Acans and others are sensitive to high phosphates. Zoos aside I would buy a phosphate test kit or Hanna Checker. I have two Hannas a ULR Phosphorus and Low range Phosphate.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp don’t always eat aiptasia won’t hurt to check... and if everything else is open I would give the zoa a day or two because you dipped in peroxide... after that time of it doesn’t open try the Furan-2 or chemiclean in a separate container followed by iodine dip

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp don’t always eat aiptasia won’t hurt to check... and if everything else is open I would give the zoa a day or two because you dipped in peroxide... after that time of it doesn’t open try the Furan-2 or chemiclean in a separate container followed by iodine dip
Ah yes Oscar thank you. I forgot to say that Peppermints don't always eat aptasias. It's a specific species only that does so unless you know which one you're getting it's a crap shoot. I've had many over the years and never have had them eat an aptasia. I always just use Aptasia X, something very satisfying about injecting an aptasia with it lol

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back