00W's AIO Smorgasbord

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No, I'm not on Blood Pressure medicine, yes I need to eat better - I had a Taco salad yesterday and didn't eat the shell, yes it's Taco Tuesday and I'll likely participate and not eat the shells, I had curry (I think? I didn't ask) last night for dinner and fruit with it... I need to eat more beets and apples and less bread. I haven't had a soda in a couple of days and have only had 1-2 coffees a day and have been drinking more water. I'm working on it?

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm not on Blood Pressure medicine, yes I need to eat better - I had a Taco salad yesterday and didn't eat the shell, yes it's Taco Tuesday and I'll likely participate and not eat the shells, I had curry (I think? I didn't ask) last night for dinner and fruit with it... I need to eat more beets and apples and less bread. I haven't had a soda in a couple of days and have only had 1-2 coffees a day and have been drinking more water. I'm working on it?
That’s actually really good Tim! It’s the sugar and carbs that get us. Proud of you - it’s really hard to eliminate the sugar. I’m going through cherrios/cookie withdrawals right now,,so I can appreciate.

Ok, Smorgasbord challenge!

No food or drink with added sugar for next 14 days. Natural sugars ok.

It’s just eliminating one thing. Carb reduction after that. If you’re able to do more, great. But no need to be a hero - we are a realistic, supportive family!

If I fall off the wagon, I will say so - no shame.

We got this!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s actually really good Tim! It’s the sugar and carbs that get us. Proud of you - it’s really hard to eliminate the sugar. I’m going through cherrios/cookie withdrawals right now,,so I can appreciate.

It’s just eliminating one thing. Carb reduction after that. If you’re able to do more, great. But no need to be a hero - we are a realistic, supportive family!

We got this!
Sure, right as I'm considering reaching for the Rice Krispie Treat for breakfast...

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, right as I'm considering reaching for the Rice Krispie Treat for breakfast...
Best to remove those from sight. Or put them somewhere that takes a Herculean effort to obtain. Then at least you've burnt up about 10% of the calories you're about to consume!

For me it's cake. Can't say no to cake unless it has coconut in it. Notable favorites: nothing Bundt Cake--all of them, Boston Creme Pie, chocolate fudge layer cake, marble cake, tirimisu, walnut meal cake with raspberry jam and lemon kurd layers, anything with fondant frosting, angel food cake, banana chiffon cake, cup cakes, ice cream cakes, cake cakes, red velvet cake, carrot cake (without coconut, really people!), pound cake, lemon cake, coffee cake, cheese cake--all 100 variations, cookies and creme cake, funnel cakes, tea cakes, honey cakes, lemon poppy seed cakes... Just to name a few.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We got this!
Oh and if you choose to participate, the 14 days doesn’t start till you’ve had an opportunity to go to market and replace some of the food with healthier choices that you know how to make a meal with. Going cold turkey doesn’t work - you have to replace the item.

I’m going today to market ~ pretty much ate everything bad in pantry/frig already

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on the carnivore diet for 3 weeks yesterday.
My skin issues are gone, I feel 20 years younger (except my knees) and I've lost 13 pounds.
It's not for everyone but it's basically no carbs or any sugar, bread, cake etc no mas but coffee okay.
It's been extremely difficult to give up bags of cookies and Sunday doughnuts but I feel so much better.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have to get the restaurant patio ready for mother's day on Sunday if we ever get any sun in this part of Antarctica :crying-face:
But we're just not motivated so I had to re-aquascape a bit this morning.
I've had gsp growing into my zoas for a bit
Luckily it came right apart and away with minimal upsetness on either side but I had to move some rocks.
I like it better than before.
20240507_102227.jpg
I love the color and durability and coverage of gsp but it can really take over if you don't monitor its spread.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on the carnivore diet for 3 weeks yesterday.
My skin issues are gone, I feel 20 years younger (except my knees) and I've lost 13 pounds.
It's not for everyone but it's basically no carbs or any sugar, bread, cake etc no mas but coffee okay.
It's been extremely difficult to give up bags of cookies and Sunday doughnuts but I feel so much better.
Wow Joel! That’s fantastic. You’re right, it’s not for everyone, but it does work and it’s that elimination of no carbs, no sugar that is the real kick starter.

Prior to my leg getting messed up 4 months ago, I rarely had any of those things. I hadn’t had cheerios in a bazillion years. Never food with added sugar, no prosessed food. All of that is flammatory to joints and organs.

I have no choice but to get back to it!

Keep going Joel! Really happy for you and your progress!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back