4’x2’x2’ build… The Dragons’ Forest

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got this beast taken out this morning. Surprisingly, waking up at 4:30 was helpful as he was fast asleep. So, he now resides in my LFS.
7CA660B3-C2C8-43FE-B745-C92444E7F29F.jpeg

And if I’m honest, I replaced 2 fish with one that is arguably better… a Black Foxface. They’re just so unlike other rabbits as they are almost pitch black.
IMG_7767.jpeg
The hawks are kind of a$$holes. I do love them tho, but it will be a bit before I ever do another one, maybe in my sps cube...

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hawks are kind of a$$holes. I do love them tho, but it will be a bit before I ever do another one, maybe in my sps cube...
They are nice don’t get me wrong, they’re just a PITA with aggression.

But hey, removing him was worth it. I now have these two hanging out (and sleeping on eachother).
IMG_7787.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have your wrasses come out of hiding?
They’re still shy but there’s a difference for sure. I think they’re more scared due to a new large fish being in the tank, once they notice he’s just fine and calm I’m sure they’ll be fine :)

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re still shy but there’s a difference for sure. I think they’re more scared due to a new large fish being in the tank, once they notice he’s just fine and calm I’m sure they’ll be fine :)
I always wonder who's more scared the wrasse or the foxface!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, they’re absolutely adorable. Didn’t take long for the Tongan to get used to me. Clearly, the magnificent has been teaching him a thing or two :)
IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7797.jpeg

And look whose being brave now! He’s noticed how polite the Rabbits are and not too bad compared to how the Hawkfish behaved. Still sad to see him go but the foxface was a good replacement.
IMG_7798.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nowhere near a good photo but that torch that was dying in my nano, is thriving and incredibly open!
IMG_7962.jpeg

I just love it as it’s truly bronze under blues. I don’t really like the solid yellow (‘gold’) torches and prefer the dragon souls and 24K torches with that more bronze gold.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, turns out this guy isn’t 100% reef safe with these corals. He’s mainly just been nipping 1-2 polyps every so often instead of going ham on the corals like other angels may. His beauty makes up for it though, the only Angel I don’t think I truly love as much as I thought I would is the Coral Beauty.
IMG_7932.jpeg

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, turns out this guy isn’t 100% reef safe with these corals. He’s mainly just been nipping 1-2 polyps every so often instead of going ham on the corals like other angels may. His beauty makes up for it though, the only Angel I don’t think I truly love as much as I thought I would is the Coral Beauty.
IMG_7932.jpeg
Have you tried a flameback angel before?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried a flameback angel before?
Not yet, I’ve seen them and do like them but I’d rather have a multicolour if I have another dwarf angel.

I’ve cared for them but never had them with coral due to them being notorious for absolutley destroying coral.

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, I’ve seen them and do like them but I’d rather have a multicolour if I have another dwarf angel.

I’ve cared for them but never had them with coral due to them being notorious for absolutley destroying coral.
I read some accounts that they were a bit kess nippy than the coral beauty, flame angel and, of course, the lemonpeel. Sad to hear they're also big coral eaters.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank looks MUCH better! Would you transfer the clams to this tank, or are you afraid of spreading the dinos to it? Just curious.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank looks MUCH better! Would you transfer the clams to this tank, or are you afraid of spreading the dinos to it? Just curious.
If worst came to worst I’d transfer them into this tank but my main fear isn’t any bacteria but more so the angels, butterflies and rabbits possibly making a meal out of the clams.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! What's your secret? How do you keep angels witn LPS?
Angels aren’t likely to nip on euphyllia/hammers.

Put acans and trachyphyllia, and there might be a different outcome. :)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back