4’x2’x2’ build… The Dragons’ Forest

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angels aren’t likely to nip on euphyllia/hammers.

Put acans and trachyphyllia, and there might be a different outcome. :)
We all know you keep the tastiest corals ;)

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all know you keep the tastiest corals ;)
I’ve got a long list of ex ”fish“ (lovers) ,

they’ll tell you I’m insane, but I got a blank space, baby

*click*

…and I’ll write your name.

Blue tang, lamarck angel, bellus angel, foxface^4, pyramid butterfly, yellow tang. These are the fish I’ve had to remove because they went after my trachyphyllia.

Slocke

I’m pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

*click*

Blue tang, lamarck angel, bellus angel, foxface^4, pyramid butterfly, yellow tang. These are the fish I’ve had to remove because they went after my trachyphyllia.
Licking Jackie Chan GIF

Donut Satisfying GIF

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! What's your secret? How do you keep angels witn LPS?
I keep mainly torches and hammers/frogspawn’s in that tank. I do have a plan to see if I can grow other LPS as I have my nano I can always use as a backup once it’s back on track but until then I also have the ‘cage’.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

*click*

Stop... you're scaring me!

I JUST placed an order for pyramid butterflies 2 days ago.....

And I have a trachyphyllia

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

*click*

It’s funny how you’ve had little success with even reef safe fish in a reef and I’m living on the edge with some really not reef safe fish in the reef and not touching most corals I have in there - although they are the leathers and more skeletal LPS.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fingers crossed they don’t turn, IME not every fish will turn straight away though. I’ve had one case where I’ve seen fish outright going for coral and it was only after 4-5 months of being in the tank it went for coral. It was my first coral beauty however it only went for one specific leather and nothing else (even other leathers in the tank were left alone).

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had the black pyramid butterfly. Every fish is an individual.

I say get the pyramid butterfly. It will likely be fine. Just make observations.

If one day your trachyphyllia looks retracted and closed off, don’t assume it’s just parameters and lighting.

I wasted so much time thinking it was my parameters, when it was the fish all along.

I’m curious if me keeping the trachyphyllia close together is causing the fish to have an appetite for them. I think I’ll spread them out. I don’t really care for them in the middle anyway.

Pic is a few months old

IMG_6683.jpeg

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the black pyramid butterfly. Every fish is an individual.

I say get the pyramid butterfly. It will likely be fine. Just make observations.

If one day your trachyphyllia looks retracted and closed off, don’t assume it’s just parameters and lighting.

I wasted so much time thinking it was my parameters, when it was the fish all along.

I’m curious if me keeping the trachyphyllia close together is causing the fish to have an appetite for them. I think I’ll spread them out. I don’t really care for them in the middle anyway.

Pic is a few months old

IMG_6683.jpeg
Holy meat corals!

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I’ve not seen you for months!
yep a lot has happened, graduated from high school and started med school (almost done with the first semester). it has been very time and energy consuming as a result I have severely neglected my tank and lost most of my corals, seeing things die discouraged me and made me lose a part of the passion I had which is why I have not been active on here.
I am slowly trying to find the time to get back in the hobby properly.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep a lot has happened, graduated from high school and started med school (almost done with the first semester). it has been very time and energy consuming as a result I have severely neglected my tank and lost most of my corals, seeing things die discouraged me and made me lose a part of the passion I had which is why I have not been active on here.
Congrats on getting into med school! Good luck!! :)

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the "congrats on med school!" Can't wait till I get out of high school. Sorry about your tank.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I know too well what you’re going through and faced a similar issue in my nano. I started by having tin leaking into the water so many of my SPS I loved began to decline. Then I had just begun to recover from it and took the dive on 2 new SPS colonies for the nano and then it crashed.
Unfortunately, I lost my large plating Monti and Astreopora (along with almost every other coral and most inverts except one Acan and a mushroom rock and my two clams) due to the crash.
IMG_7985.jpeg

Yep! HS freshman here! Not the only young reefer, @encrustingacro is also in HS
It’s less known, however I am also in my last year of Secondary School - Which I believe is the equivalent of a Sophomore in America.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I know too well what you’re going through and faced a similar issue in my nano. I started by having tin leaking into the water so many of my SPS I loved began to decline. Then I had just begun to recover from it and took the dive on 2 new SPS colonies for the nano and then it crashed.
Unfortunately, I lost my large plating Monti and Astreopora (along with almost every other coral and most inverts except one Acan and a mushroom rock and my two clams) due to the crash.
IMG_7985.jpeg

It’s less known, however I am also in my last year of Secondary School - Which I believe is the equivalent of a Sophomore in America.
Nooooo, you lost your astreopora :crying-face:
Sorry about that, most of you may not know this but I lost my lobophyllia a few weeks ago

20231111_142934.jpg

Also, had no idea you were a HS student! I had no idea there were THIS many young reefkeepers on this platform!

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7985.jpeg

so sorry for your losses.
what ALevels are you taking btw?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TOP 10 Trending Threads