View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No no the a8se uses all china components
The a8 uses creed leds
De pro cree leds and 8chsnnel control and g6 inspired pucks

A8se s the cheapes all china based light
But is is too big / overkill for a Waterbox 15 peninsula ?

E0447DC4-7718-47BE-A84B-4C3F28310A62.jpeg

I can get a used g5 xr15 blue for 250 shipped

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A8S uses China LED chips, A8SE uses CREE LED chips, A8 Pro uses CREE chips and the new G6 layout and 8 channel control. The biggest difference is China LED or CREE ships.

Power supplies are also different. The cheapest one uses a "generic" Chinese driver. The others use "brand name" Meanwell drivers.

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power supplies are also different. The cheapest one uses a "generic" Chinese driver. The others use "brand name" Meanwell drivers.
Goodluck as meanwell is now a brand made in china aswell and except for the established brandname, there s not a single reason to beleive 1 is better than the other.
Also.. the x30 suppose to be delivered with a meanwell although people actually buying these got them with a generic brick aswell

The brick is 1 thing making it meanwell. But what about the internal dc-dc converters? Those are FAR more important than the brick from the wall, thats identical to ALL these lights

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But is is too big / overkill for a Waterbox 15 peninsula ?

E0447DC4-7718-47BE-A84B-4C3F28310A62.jpeg

I can get a used g5 xr15 blue for 250 shipped
Get a used xr15 or new noopsyche k7 pro?
I run a single k7 on a metric 70cm/50cm/50cm and thats going fine
Is anyone here using them, either the cheap cheap Chinese version or the cheap Chinese version?

Has anyone bought one to test?
Got the cheapest a8se full china leds on order the will arrive probably this monday, less than 200$ with ups shipping

guibrenande

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. How i solved my time not updating:
1- cheap AP 2.4 separate Wi-Fi, simple nome, password only Letters/numbers.
2- removed app, reinstall, no patches, all in chinese (ty Google Translator creation team!!)

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. How i solved my time not updating:
1- cheap AP 2.4 separate Wi-Fi, simple nome, password only Letters/numbers.
2- removed app, reinstall, no patches, all in chinese (ty Google Translator creation team!!)
Any reason why u dont just use the AP mode?

I have separate 2.4g wifi as basic as i can make it so ill be fine, but my noopsyche has done ap mode only and worked fine, hope these will do aswell

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oke the app kinda forces u away from wifi direct. I have them on wifi network aswell now

Ordered 4 unfortunately 1 arrived semi-working, but again customer service has been awesome and its a good test in think

So far.. lovely. The fans are little noise but im running the white 45% and all blue and uv at 100% so yeah kinda cranking them as im 1 light low..

Tank is a 200x70x70 centimeter (metric sorry) and assisted by 4x80w t5’s (need to swap bulbs)

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg
IMG_0237.jpeg

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oke the app kinda forces u away from wifi direct. I have them on wifi network aswell now

Ordered 4 unfortunately 1 arrived semi-working, but again customer service has been awesome and its a good test in think

So far.. lovely. The fans are little noise but im running the white 45% and v

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg
IMG_0237.jpeg

Nightwatch-Swe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the x30 blue are very similar.. only the colour channels are taken out and replaced by blue.. but the leds itself and the controller are the same.. biggest difference is the power supply, but thats easily changed, and also overlooked a lot..

people want to go with the meanwell psu, wich is great, but theres also dc-dc converters in the light itself that are far more important to get right..
What powersupply should you get, i got the MW:s. Only heard good things about that brand, maybe i got it wrong?

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What powersupply should you get, i got the MW:s. Only heard good things about that brand, maybe i got it wrong?
They are better
I got the cheapest of the cheap chinese ones and they are fine really

Get the x30 lights if u want meanwell and dont mind chinese layout

Anything more expensive seems to be not the best as u can get reefi uno s there for cheap

Mattm83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a couple of these lights. Does the app have presetting modes for all lights or does that onky apply to the a8 pro models?

amarck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a couple of these lights. Does the app have presetting modes for all lights or does that onky apply to the a8 pro models?
It has preset modes for all of them, but wow their app is worse than expected. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B18AE4C1-B354-4A08-958E-0913A67CCAF5.jpeg

My fifth. I really didnt need this, but couldnt pass on it for 110$ brandnew locally..
A8s (cree led and has a meanwell psu) so far didnt see a difference with the other chinese diodes version… only when taking it apart and take a very very close look to the led board u can see the difference.

Probably just hang them with the others after the manufacturer has sent me a new ledboard for the broken a8se

Dibi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B18AE4C1-B354-4A08-958E-0913A67CCAF5.jpeg

My fifth. I really didnt need this, but couldnt pass on it for 110$ brandnew locally..
A8s (cree led and has a meanwell psu) so far didnt see a difference with the other chinese diodes version… only when taking it apart and take a very very close look to the led board u can see the difference.

Probably just hang them with the others after the manufacturer has sent me a new ledboard for the broken a8se

And the A8PRO? Could have a difference?

Just bought one, let's see.

mini-fred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the A8PRO? Could have a difference?

Just bought one, let's see.
Its not the pro i think but an a8s (cree led) normally comes with a generic psu, but this was a show model from a different chinese seller that sold it to a big store locally, wich due to possible legal issues, is obviously not going to sell it, so he gave it to me.

So far all a8 models i tried are very very similar, yes the diodes are different on the cree version, but colour is really the same, the meanwell psu seems to be very very nice, huge stepup from the se’s

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone in here spent the money on the A8 Pro? I'd love to see a screenshot of the app to see how the control sliders (color channels) are setup. If it really is based on the G6 layout, it should have the extra violets, correct?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back