Best place to snorkel in the world.

moosevandyke

Never a dull moment in keeping a reef tank.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

We are looking to plan a trip in December and wondering if anybody has top destinations in the world for snorkeling that also has good areas for food, running, and or biking. We don't dive yet.

Thank you!

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Molokini in Maui is crystal clear!

IMG_1749.jpeg

Not my picture.

You’ll be able to do all the things you mentioned above as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1749.jpeg

Not my picture.

That’s what we were thinking about Hawaii just didn’t know where to go thank you. Maldives looks beautiful but so far away along with places like Bali etc

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hope so lol but best in the world Tahiti austrialia or Maldives for sure
Yeah those where some places on the list but Maldives seems very small and 2-3 day travel time.. girlfriend is from Australia so that was kinda out. Gonna check Tahiti! Thank you! You ever been to any of these places

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

We are looking to plan a trip in December and wondering if anybody has top destinations in the world for snorkeling that also has good areas for food, running, and or biking. We don't dive yet.

Thank you!
Took a cruise up the coast of Australia from Sydney to the Great Barrier Reef and it was amazing!
Excellent food in every port. You take a water taxi to large multilevel docks anchored around the reef with a buffet and all the gear you’ll need to snorkel.
Best part is the currency exchange is $.70 US to their dollar right now and they don’t tip. It makes restaurant expenses half what it cost here.

TardWrangler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bali hands down. Shallow water, unbelievable coral coverage, color and species diversity. The on land scene is awesome too. Incredible accommodations for so cheap you’ll think you’re stealing. Many influences in the food from European, Asian, Indo all mixed up. It’s just an amazing place and a trip of a lifetime.

My second place recommendation is Fiji in the Ra province of the northern region of viti levu. Gin clear water, neon colored sps and clouds of anthias etc. another Magical place however I would caution you that accommodations are bit lower quality, food is kind of a drag and there’s more criminal activity.

I have some other places I would say that blow everything away but they’re very hard to get to and you’re basically roughing it on a coral atoll

Vinaka_vakalevu

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji is without a doubt my favorite place on earth. I’ve been very lucky to travel the world for work and there are few places that bring me back over and over like Fiji has.

Indonesia is absolutely amazing too but Bali and Fiji are polar opposites. I liked Bali 25 years ago when I was a 20 year old being paid to travel and take photos of my best friends surfing. Personally I can’t stand Bali now.

Slocke

I'm pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1749.jpeg

Not my picture.

Great suggestion but a bit too deep to snorkel there. My favorite place in Maui to snorkel is Honolua bay!

I also strongly suggest Roatan Honduras

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great suggestion but a bit too deep to snorkel there. My favorite place in Maui to snorkel is Honolua bay!

I also strongly suggest Roatan Honduras

It is a bit deep. I did SNUBA there. I’m just biased to Maui. It’s my favorite vacation spot! I’ve heard great things about Haunama Bay on Oahu. I will have to check out Hobolua Bay next time I’m in Maui!

Back