Best reef ready tank deal of 2024 - whose looking for a new tank?

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you but if there’s something I want to be overkill its my reefs stand :)
I don't disagree. And recently, I heard that Than Thien (sp.?) from Tidal Gardens remarked that:

"Over built is a matter of opinion, but underbuilt is a matter of fact", and as someone who likes to build aquarium stands, I took this statement to heart.

I am not arguing against this tank, or the more experienced reefers who are telling me it's a great value. I just need to make sure it's right for my house :)

Thanks guys!

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This conversation brings me to another topic--eurobracing. Anyone know if eurobracing on the bottom of the tank is a good or bad idea? I also have no idea how that would work. Get cut glass panels, a massive amount of silicone and glue the whole bottoms and sides to the tank? I hate to think what that would cost. I just spent $25 on a 1/4" thick 15 5/8th x 4 inch piece of glass for my sump weir wall.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This conversation brings me to another topic--eurobracing. Anyone know if eurobracing on the bottom of the tank is a good or bad idea? I also have no idea how that would work. Get cut glass panels, a massive amount of silicone and glue the whole bottoms and sides to the tank? I hate to think what that would cost. I just spent $25 on a 1/4" thick 15 5/8th x 4 inch piece of glass for my sump weir wall.
I was so going to ask this, but I felt that I already WAY overstepped my posting here.

But what does Euorbracing on the bottom do? Please, and thanks!

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was so going to ask this, but I felt that I already WAY overstepped my posting here.

But what does Euorbracing on the bottom do? Please, and thanks!
I don't think it's overstepping. This thread is a good place to discuss ways to mod out this tank.

I've never had a eurobraced tank, because all of my tanks have been rimless nanos (including the 40gal).

I understand that 80gal is still in the relatively safe zone for rimless tanks, but not by much.

For the seam failures I've seen, they seem to be mostly on the bottom seams. I understand the eurobracing the top helps distribute the pressure of the water against the glass, but I also understand that doing so on the bottom of the tank also strengthens the resistance against the weight of the water. I'm just imagining that since seam ruptures tend to happen on the bottom, why not reinforce the bottom? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say it like that, yeah, why don't they reinforce the bottom??

But are bottom, Euro-braced tanks a thing? I've never heard of that. And, I'm very interested in a Eurobraced tank for his purchase, whether it's glass or acrylic.

Thank you very, very much for your help, I really appreciate it!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 37 24.0%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 57 37.0%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 39 25.3%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back