OP
Draven

Draven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my trigger did the thing all the sudden he's psychotic.
The moray still seems to get a pass but I'm starting to think maybe I should get a more aggressive moray.

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my trigger did the thing all the sudden he's psychotic.
The moray still seems to get a pass but I'm starting to think maybe I should get a more aggressive moray.
What do you mean by psychotic?
What is the current eel you have right now?

OP
OP
Draven

Draven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by psychotic?
What is the current eel you have right now?
Bit of an exaggeration he hasn't hurt anyone but definitely isn't nice to anyone especially when food hits the water. Current moray is a white eyed moray. But the triggers demeanor definitely changed like how people say they "snap" and become crazy.

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of an exaggeration he hasn't hurt anyone but definitely isn't nice to anyone especially when food hits the water. Current moray is a white eyed moray. But the triggers demeanor definitely changed like how people say they "snap" and become crazy.
How long have you had the trigger? If it's new then it's most likely that he just started to get more comfortable or grew to a certain size in where they become more aggressive, but the current moray you have now has a good compatibility rate with new eel additions, though, make sure you have another tank incase you add another eel because you might not know what might happen

OP
OP
Draven

Draven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the trigger? If it's new then it's most likely that he just started to get more comfortable or grew to a certain size in where they become more aggressive, but the current moray you have now has a good compatibility rate with new eel additions, though, make sure you have another tank incase you add another eel because you might not know what might happen
I've had him for maybe 3 months can't remember exactly. The trigger was actually a rescue and when I got he was extremely malnourished had bad gill flukes, internal parasites, and some kind of bacterial infection. 3 months later and he's a practically a new fish. I do have a 75 in storage though I'd prefer to not set it up. Ive added PVC tunnels just under the sand so the eel has a 100% safe getaway if he feels he needs it. It may even be kind of a good thing that the trigger gets pushy during feeding because the eel is a food thief.

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had him for maybe 3 months can't remember exactly. The trigger was actually a rescue and when I got he was extremely malnourished had bad gill flukes, internal parasites, and some kind of bacterial infection. 3 months later and he's a practically a new fish. I do have a 75 in storage though I'd prefer to not set it up. Ive added PVC tunnels just under the sand so the eel has a 100% safe getaway if he feels he needs it. It may even be kind of a good thing that the trigger gets pushy during feeding because the eel is a food thief.
The trigger might've fully recovered and has started to get comfortable hence the temperament, adding more hiding spaces for eels surely works but with eels who don't want another of its type in its tank, i am afraid that it will not tolerate another eel in its territory, if you get a new eel and something indeed does happen i am afraid that the new eel or your current eel may get injured, many people don't realise the damage an eel can cause, when i was bit by my tessalata, I could not even feel the teeth that's how sharp they were, I've also had a issue of adding another eel with my tessalata and indeed the new eel has gotten 2 long wounds on its side, this is why I always say that they are wild animals, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

BUY OR DIY! WHICH DO YOU PREFER? SHARE YOUR DIY PROJECTS IN THE THREAD!

• I prefer to buy!

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I prefer to DIY!

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • It depends on the project or equipment I need!

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back