10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u think i should still go on with the breeder box idea? its arriving tmr
Twitching is a normal display.
Only separate if:
A) the harassment is constant with no let up.
B) there’s physical damage being done.

We always prefer to let them work it out.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I recently got a pair of clownfish a little over a month ago and everything seemed to be fine up until today when I came back from work today and saw that one of the clowns was not looking too good and its pelvic fins are pretty torn up. The other clown keeps chasing and nipping at the other. I know they can be aggressive towards each other for dominance but it looks kinda bad. This just started happening out of nowhere. The one that is getting bullied looks kinda weak and I saw it have a sort of "seizure" like movement. Is this something to be concerned about or is it just normal aggression?
Sounds like bonding behavior to me. I would let it play out unless the one being bullied looks like its going to die. The seizure thing is the one submitting to the more aggressive one

OP
OP
J

Jarrito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the bully in the breeder box I’m worried will this hurt their “bond” …if they even have one?

Hrosik123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had one clown kill the other. Bought them together 7 months ago. All was fine till the other day. Happens with clowns. Best of luck.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the bully in the breeder box I’m worried will this hurt their “bond” …if they even have one?
No it will allow the other clown to heal. Ive had clowns do their shaking thing in the box too and when they released they were fine and continued bonding

OP
OP
J

Jarrito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it seems to have worked! I reintroduced them today and they seem to be getting along a lot better. Maybe a little bit of light chasing here and there but no more constant aggression. Thank you all for your input.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back