HelloReef 15 - TSA Giveaway

SpikesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stands assembled.

20240912_191215.jpg
Super nice - I like how you over layed the top trim which will hide some of the sand bed line.

OP
OP
Johnd651

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Super nice - I like how you over layed the top trim which will hide some of the sand bed line.
I'm not the best and my only complaint is that there's a 1/8 " gap between it and the glass all the way around for water drops to get stuck in

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is that a couple of Micromussa and a Favia? Watch that Favia for sweepers. I've seen mine send out some pretty long sweeper tentacles.

OP
OP
Johnd651

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that a couple of Micromussa and a Favia? Watch that Favia for sweepers. I've seen mine send out some pretty long sweeper tentacles.
I don't know where to place them yet, and am waiting on sbb delivery too.

20241024_134421.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Echinata tend for medium light and not super heavy flow but do decent in a medium/high tlo area as long as they're not getting blasted. I believe they can be in lower light as well.

Aussie Lord (Micromussa) prefer lower light, medium flow. Small rock on the sandbed would be my recommendation. I believe the blue/green may be a different variety but I've heard they can touch without aggression - I'm not positive on that though.

That Mayan Sun Favia in my tank preferred low/medium light, medium flow. Rock work anywhere from the sandbed up to the middle of the tank should be fine.

Ron Burgundy I'm not sure on... I think the reds like a little higher light so maybe give it a medium light area, medium flow. I'd say similar to the Mayan Sun but it can probably go a little higher in the tank. Favias will fight with anything and everything, often with each other as well.

Plesiastrea I've never heard of but it looks very similar to Cyphastrea and Astreopora which both prefer medium light. To keep the brown in the mouths I'd say probably a low/medium. Raising it up may cause them to lighten to a yellow or red, maybe green color.

Most everything there (except for the mystery) like medium light. What was the mystery???

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back