How long is a long polyp toadstool?

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this toadstool on Wednesday and it’s settling in well. I just wondered if the polyps will grow longer? Or is this the standard size for this kind of toadstool?.

IMG_1791.jpeg IMG_1792.jpeg

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is a piece of string hehe. There's variations from short, medium to long with Toadstool Leathers.
I would say this Toadstool is on the Medium length side but it could have come from a Long Polyp Leather and is just not as mature so fingers crossed.

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends a lot on the conditions of your tank. I have had a neon polyp toadstool for 4 years and in my old 330 gallon tank “which broke” and it had super long polyps like 3-4 inches. Now that I have placed it in my new aquarium with much more light and better filtration the polyps may be 1 1/2 inches.

I don’t understand exactly why though.

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is a piece of string hehe. There's variations from short, medium to long with Toadstool Leathers.
I would say this Toadstool is on the Medium length side but it could have come from a Long Polyp Leather and is just not as mature so fingers crossed.
Ha fair enough! I shall see how it goes thanks.

OP
OP
spamvicious

spamvicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends a lot on the conditions of your tank. I have had a neon polyp toadstool for 4 years and in my old 330 gallon tank “which broke” and it had super long polyps like 3-4 inches. Now that I have placed it in my new aquarium with much more light and better filtration the polyps may be 1 1/2 inches.

I don’t understand exactly why though.
At the moment I have the toadstool in the top third of the tank under the light so I might try it a little further down then

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 22

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back