I Received a NEW Trident NP Nitrate & Phosphate Tester!!!!

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally got the firmware update today, and set the Trident NP up, besides wiring and running the tubes, the actual setup process in Fusion took about an hour.

The videos were very well presented, and heavy emphasis on wearing gloves when handling the reagents.

I am also using a glass waste container bc I don't have a HDPE 2 Container. The waste solution in the reagents kit is a chaulky powder that needs RO water added. Unfortunately the walk through videos state to not dump the waste liquid down the drain, but provides no direction afterwards.

Other than the initial setup the unit works just like the original trident, however the tests take about 25% longer. And the schedule default is once a day.

As far as the readings go, I was receiving 0 Nitrates with my Hanna checker, but my po4 results were a little higher on the Trident (+.03) but it's been over a week since I tested po4. I would like to assume the Trident has higher accuracy, only time will tell. Once the Trident takes a few more measurements I will run the calibration fluid and post results here.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need me to clarify.

Screenshot_20240531-154043.png

HDPE 2 isn't some unobtanium or something. Milk jugs are made out of it.

OP
OP
CreatiVe2

CreatiVe2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HDPE 2 isn't some unobtanium or something. Milk jugs are made out of it.
Yep! Just didn't have any extra laying around. Ordered some from Amazon.

I am using a BRS 1 gallon for my trident, and I have an extra one. But its #3 Vinyl - which support recommended I didn't use

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep! Just didn't have any extra laying around. Ordered some from Amazon.

I am using a BRS 1 gallon for my trident, and I have an extra one. But its #3 Vinyl - which support recommended I didn't use

I've used an old milk jug for my Trident waste for a long time. Lol

Last edited:

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also using a glass waste container bc I don't have a HDPE 2 Container. The waste solution in the reagents kit is a chaulky powder that needs RO water added. Unfortunately the walk through videos state to not dump the waste liquid down the drain, but provides no direction afterwards.
Congrats on your NP and thanks for being awesome. (all of your are awesome)

Also, SOO happy to hear your setup has gone well! :) :) :)

Regarding excess reagent, will cover that during a reagent change and a Trident Shutdown.

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your NP and thanks for being awesome. (all of you are awesome)

Regarding excess reagent, will cover that during a reagent change and a Trident Shutdown.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CreatiVe2

CreatiVe2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your NP and thanks for being awesome. (all of your are awesome)

Awesome Paul! Thank you so much for this. I obviously haven't needed to replace agents yet

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing really to question is how many went into the hands of hobbyist vs those trying to flip them and make a couple bucks.
Currently $1100-$1500 on ebay. :flushed-face:

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The system feels really complicated and expensive to run compared to the normal trident.
We do our best to take you through every part of the process step by step with video. The chemistry of the NP is truly exciting, but does require a few more steps to use.

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are sold out. I ordered one around 2am.

So much for Apex is a failing platform rhetoric :grimacing-face:
You have to know how many were available at launch to know. If they had 10 at launch or 1000 at launch tells a much different story.

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you buy all your Neptune gear? How did they discover that you were a good customer? I have Neptune stickers all over my house! I would love an appreciation gift that's awesome congrats!
It all connects to the Fusion cloud so they know exactly what equipment we are using!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the firmware update today, and set the Trident NP up, besides wiring and running the tubes, the actual setup process in Fusion took about an hour.

The videos were very well presented, and heavy emphasis on wearing gloves when handling the reagents.

Other than the initial setup the unit works just like the original trident, however the tests take about 25% longer. And the schedule default is once a day.

As far as the readings go, I was receiving 0 Nitrates with my Hanna checker, but my po4 results were a little higher on the Trident (+.03) but it's been over a week since I tested po4. I would like to assume the Trident has higher accuracy, only time will tell. Once the Trident takes a few more measurements I will run the calibration fluid and post results here.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need me to clarify.

Screenshot_20240531-154043.png
That's a great recap. Thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
CreatiVe2

CreatiVe2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great recap. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you! I have to give back on this one. I'm very grateful I was able to get this unit. I've been struggling with low nitrates and balancing phosphorus. Here is the 2nd reading from the unit, it looks to be balancing out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240601-094636.png
    Screenshot_20240601-094636.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 157

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I have to give back on this one. I'm very grateful I was able to get this unit. I've been struggling with low nitrates and balancing phosphorus. Here is the 2nd reading from the unit, it looks to be balancing out
Right on! It has the potential to be a very powerful tool in that aspect. Receiving daily test results in order to interpret trends should make it easy to incorporate DOS (QD) to add the appropriate amount of N and/or P to stability. And on the flipside, for folks like me who have higher nutrients, it would help with dosing lanthanum for lowering P and carbon for lowering N.

It's going to be an interesting next couple of months.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back