OP
OP
sugar

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you pre-plan your rockscape? I found myself moving rocks around for days even after i thought i had everything set up. breaking apart rods and glue because i said to myself "going to leave it like this forever" and forever lasting 3 hours.

The plan was to take a lot of time and and carefully design a scape! But I did not do that. Lol.

I ran into a mental roadblock when I started to wonder what I would do with all the coral-covered rock in my current tank which will all be moved over.

So, the left side of my new scape I really like (with a few more small tweaks). But the right side will change. I will probably take out some of the larger rocks and smash them up for smaller pieces and rubble, to make room for my coral/rock pieces that will have to go in.

The right side of my scape is too chunky and large anyways and I wanted more space between the two main "islands" and maybe fit a smaller structure for my zoa garden between them! All while trying to make as many caves and tunnels as I can.

I am literally the WORST for constantly changing up my scape and never happy. I think my new plan will work for my needs!

I got more glue and epoxy to help things hold together and be super careful to not drop rocks or have them fall over.

Last edited:

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the lighting and it looks stunning already
Like you said some head scratching coming up with the rock scape . But it just shows take your time and it all comes together. But again you’re tank and lights are stunning thank you for the share

Northern Flicker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a productive weekend!

We got the light fixture mounted and bulbs in. It looks GREAT to me! The AI Primes will be added later on. Cable management will be done also.

Unfortunately, one of four bulbs failed after about an hour of use. I reached out to the shop I bought it from and if they won't/can't help then I will try to reach out to ATI. Not a big, big deal but a little disappointing.

20240519_122937.jpg

20240519_123032.jpg

20240519_143549.jpg

I got the ATO all hooked up as well. Right now, I really just have the return pump, heaters, lights and the ATO running while it cycles. I'll only have the lights on four about 8 hours a day or so.

We took a break from the tank and had to give the dogs and garden attention too!! Third pup not pictured!

20240519_151611.jpg

I have the same light and had the same problem! ATI bulbs that didn't fire, no returns. Sucks, but oh well.

I have two Primes mounted on mine and I am growing SPS, but I may upgrade to Hydra 32s if the budget allows. Looks really sharp.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Answer Waiting GIF
All the best things you have to wait
What is it looking like now I wonder?

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey @sugar that sand you bought is the same sand i used and i realized, if you dont keep stiring it at the start, it will clump up harden and turn into almost a rock.

6 Months after setting my tank im still sifting though the sand breaking up the chunks which stuck togother for my sand sifting sleeper goby to keep it nice and clean.

But if your gonna have wrasses and they dive into one of those chunks... the results will not be good.

So keep sifting though the sand so it does not clump up and harden.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • My coral

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back