OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the apex setup last night. pretty straight forward process, although an EB8 would have been a better option. ATK shows up tuesday so as soon as thats in I will see if it fits. Otherwise I will be going with the Tunze Nano ATO. I also picked up a refractometer which showed me that I was actually running hypo. I did a water change yesterday and I may do another tomorrow to gradually bring the salinity up to 35ppm. right now it's about 32 and it was even lower prior to testing. I am pretty sure it's why the rasta frag i had wasn't happy. My other corals and crabs, fish were fine but the polyp was ticked off. he was open and normal today though. the crappy fluval swing hydrometer has been tossed in the trash.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't imagine how you would fit ATK in there even without the adjustable float valve. I had considered it for a 20G nano and got confirmation even that couldn't accomodate the float valve.

The smart ATO is also a good option and is tiny.

I agree with you on EB8. I started with Apex Jr. and eventually had to get an EB8 due to all the additional components. Apex Classical would have be cleaner and save a few buckets long term as if I knew upfront I wanted more control on the Evo.

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on doing it over several weeks. I looked at the third chamber and I don't think it's going to fit with the return elbow so I will probably go the tunze route or with the smart ATO. Everything looks pretty good right now, I added a rainbow monti this afternoon and a few snails. My pod population is through the roof and they are visible on the glass during the day.

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is still looking great. I picked up a rainbow monti yesterday and a few snails. The skimmer seems to be breaking in now and running ok. I have the basket for that chamber but I am going to hold out and add the middle basket first. I also picked up an AquariClip to take some decent pics under blue LEDs. I 3d printed a vortech mp40 driver mount tonight for my other build and I am printing a second mount right now. I am going to go look and see if there is a mount for the apex display unit and print one of those as well.

08b7a7bfa3a1c3609d14ae2165b88723.jpg

f78dfb8e3d10f2edb5c75c3d8d2f435b.jpg

cf484bd2b1dfea326eae1758b096c648.jpg

6d7b780f3defcfef193790cb49e90dd8.jpg
2bd8c57b6995a50391661fe136107ad3.jpg

1becc9038f8500e698446d487959239d.jpg

204ce4dc66eb1447ccecfed0cb0c8096.jpg

a114afe1753543ff8a552627956acc00.jpg

c28f0cd1437c53edf2e984009cc63259.jpg

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATK showed up tonight. It will not fit in the third chamber, as the return elbow is in the way otherwise it would fit without the float valve. At this point I will just pick up either the tunze or smart ATO system for it and use the ATK for the 625XXL build that I originally bought it for.

IMG_1624.JPG

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skimmer has been pulled as it had overflowed twice. I had already planned to swap in an In Tank media basket and had it here already for that chamber. I am getting the other basket for the middle chamber as well. I also ordered a Smart ATO Micro, and an AI Prime HD for this tank as well as some additional corals. I picked up the BRS screen top as well so that i dont have any jumpers!

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skimmer has been pulled as it had overflowed twice. I had already planned to swap in an In Tank media basket and had it here already for that chamber. I am getting the other basket for the middle chamber as well. I also ordered a Smart ATO Micro, and an AI Prime HD for this tank as well as some additional corals. I picked up the BRS screen top as well so that i dont have any jumpers!

Jeez. Your tank sounds just like mine minus the extra media basket and smart ATO lol I'm on vacation but I ordered the screen top from brs before I left

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the Artfully Acrylic lid and I still may go that route but I wanted a lid with it being open. I didn't want the clowns to jump. I am not sure if I will run the middle basket or not just yet. What size bag of purigen are you running? I only have floss and 2 nano bags of chemipure in there. Each bag was rated for 5gallons.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the Artfully Acrylic lid and I still may go that route but I wanted a lid with it being open. I didn't want the clowns to jump. I am not sure if I will run the middle basket or not just yet. What size bag of purigen are you running? I only have floss and 2 nano bags of chemipure in there. Each bag was rated for 5gallons.

I'm gonna be running the middle media tray with filter floss, purigen and chemi blue. I bought the purigen in bulk so I forget what size media bag I bought. Like I said I won't be home from vacation til Saturday night so I'm a lil narrow minded right now.

Christian H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATK showed up tonight. It will not fit in the third chamber, as the return elbow is in the way otherwise it would fit without the float valve. At this point I will just pick up either the tunze or smart ATO system for it and use the ATK for the 625XXL build that I originally bought it for.

IMG_1624.JPG

I figured it wouldn't fit. Lol. I would go with the smart ATO. Good luck!

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few pics of some new additions. The AI Prime HD and ATO got delayed via ups so hopefully it's here tomorrow. I did get the BRS screen top, flex arm and clips along with an Aqamai wireless power head. The thing is super tiny compared to the korallia nano that's currently in there and much more flexible in terms of positioning too.

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1733.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size clips did you get for the BRS screen tops?? And what's the first picture of? Is that a rock anemone? Awesome colors

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the smallest size they had. I will have to go look and see. That's a Flower Anemone, but it's under blues in that pic. It's still orange and green but the center is not as dark. It's the first one I have ever had. They are supposed to be pretty hardy, and I fed it some pellet pe mysis the other day. It attached right when I dropped it in.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the smallest size they had. I will have to go look and see. That's a Flower Anemone, but it's under blues in that pic. It's still orange and green but the center is not as dark. It's the first one I have ever had. They are supposed to be pretty hardy, and I fed it some pellet pe mysis the other day. It attached right when I dropped it in.

That's awesome about the anemone!! Have you installed the clips yet? Do they fit snug?

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The are slightly loose. But not to the point of being sloppy loose.
These are the ones I bought from BRS.
AUQA GADGET SCREEN TOP CLIPS 4 PACK - 6MM - INNOVATIVE MARINE

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The are slightly loose. But not to the point of being sloppy loose.
These are the ones I bought from BRS.
AUQA GADGET SCREEN TOP CLIPS 4 PACK - 6MM - INNOVATIVE MARINE

Yeah I messed up and bought the 10mm ones lol they're way too big

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back