Lightning maroon - paired

bigbill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i was at the mbi workshop when he let us in on the little secret congrats agin matt great job hope to see more from this pair soon

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

OP
OP
B

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he gets them spawning soon because she's of size and the male has already spawned multiple times with other ladies. :haha:

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm,I would like to see off spring. All I will say is Matt is one of the best breeders, I hope he can pull this off and get the genes from the female to pull out...unfortunatly,this is all backawards...

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy local to me has a pair of lightning tomatoes but he won't show me :( Have you guys seen them in Tomatos? I really like that lightning Maroon! Very nice!!!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Secrets of the breeders my friend...I wont explain the un-told!

I would LOVE to see Lighting Tomatos Kris!lol...Ill go with you and Ill bring a gun and if you know where the guy lives Chris,we can gang up on him and we will get these fish!

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tell Him what he has won Austin.... :)

i guess he has time now to work with them since MOFIB booted him and the new B.O.D. is ruining that site so he says. i tend to side with Matt. this was the first update he had in a while with the maroons.

mpedersen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IS it the genes of the male are more dominant? So it goes back to biology with the f1 and f2 stuff.

I'd like to know clowns101, where that info comes from. I ask, because other than unsubstantiated rumors, I've found no actual FACTUAL references to support the rumor. Not saying it can't be that way, we know other things are (which is one of the reasons why I DID try to keep the Lightning a male for the first year of the project), but where is the evidence in clownfish?

Interestingly, Doni Marie reports that she's seen no evidence that males contribute more than females (posted over on MBI), and I'll go out on a limb and say that I am guessing / hypothesizing, that this rumor stems from the fact that ORA's Picasso line started with the original wild picasso taking the male role, and somehow being misinterpreted that ALL males contribute to striping pattern. Again, I would LOVE to see a reference, but I've been unable to track any down.

i guess he has time now to work with them since MOFIB booted him and the new B.O.D. is ruining that site so he says. i tend to side with Matt. this was the first update he had in a while with the maroons.

Woah!Wait,he is no longer on the B.O.D of MOFIB?

I'll point to the above as another example of how somewhat "questionable" information gets perpetuated on the web. The above suggests that I was "booted" from MOFIB recently. In fact, I was "ejected" from MOFIB while on vacation over 2.5 years ago now (see Reefs.org, industry forum, search for MOFIB if you want all the dirt) not only that, but they told the membership I had voluntarily resigned (I hadn't) and told the members they hoped I'd continue to volunteer in my committee roles (but quietly booted me out of every last committee too).

To say that the BOD is ruining the site is perhaps debatable, as I would now use the past tense "ruined" to describe it. That's what 2.5 years of mismanagement by a PORTION of the BOD will do to an organization. The BOD drove off SEVERAL good BOD members over the past couple years, and in this last election (which happened late, and probably wouldn't have happened at all where it not for member outcry), they failed to even get 4 people to fill the 4 vacant BOD seats, so the election went fully uncontested and has left people to speculate on the future of the org.

Oh, and for the record, while this was going on, and I was (and still should be) a full member with voting rights etc, outgoing BOD member Stephen Kennedy (SPK) unilaterally DELETED my user account and openly admitted to it. I hear it got him thrown off the BOD (but he was a lame duck anyway) but there's been no apology to me for his actions, nor any attempt to rectify it.

Site traffic is down about 80% from when I "ran the show"...and the people who are left answering questions now are largely people of questionable breeding credibility. While I am still proud to say that I founded the organization, and what I initially built it into (with the help of some really good people), I made some mistakes in who I trusted and in the end, the org paid the price. I can't endorse it in any shape or form, and suggest extreme caution when interacting with the few "active" members who are out there answering questions.

As a good "skeptical reefer" (yes, Rich Ross really hit that point home), consider the source, and question things that are "questionable"!

Finally, THANKS for all the congrats on the pairing.
Indeed, I too hope that breeding follows soon. I already saw nest prep behavior once, so maybe we'll get lucky!

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IF YOU HAD A CAREER IN REEF-KEEPING, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING? AND WHY?

• Selling and distributing livestock!

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Selling and distributing equipment!

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Breeding and Aquaculture!

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • Livestock Disease and Treatment!

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Chemistry!

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Designing and Maintenance of tanks!

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Research and Education!

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Reefing Equipment and Dry Goods Creation and Manufacturing!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Conservation!

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Other (please explain)!

Votes: 5 5.7%
Back