OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
State of emergency was issued for SC. Hopefully we get rain and some winds. I’ve a large tree outside my front door, several to the side. All of which if they come down they’ll destroy the car/ house/ tanks. Daughters place across from us is the same, trees all around.

A friend came yesterday with an air compressor an airbrush a stand for the 20 long and two jars of fish. So now my four pallifina are about ten, and my rubra are three. Stand is nice. If Atlas swallows he will be moved this weekend. Otherwise I’ll have a stand in front of the pallifina for about a month lol

A couple of the pallis are skinny, and I’m not quite sure if Atlas is still holding. Going by his fat belly, well he’s a chubby boy so that’s not a tell tale sign. The light color on his lower jaw usually occurs when holding but I don’t see the tell tale buccal pouch bulge.
IMG_9349.jpeg
IMG_9350.jpeg

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five years ago, the 70.2 was delivered, and four years ago the 35.2 was delivered :) Hard to believe I’ve had these tanks this long.

We are getting lots of rain from the storm, but otherwise everything has been ok. Peer still in. Fixing to make some chilli for supper.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday. We are in upstate SC. The storm hit us pretty hard. However, we are safe. No trees down in our yard that I’ve seen and only a small dent in the car. Our power has been off for 24 hours. We don’t have backup power.

So far this morning I’ve noticed one of the rock flowers is on the move up the glass. So are the snails. Clowns didn’t sleep in their barnacle. They are out but clearly stressed. Goby and dottyback are hiding, hopefully.

Atlas swallowed but he looks good and unbothered, as does Big mama. Pallifina, rubra, albis and almost all the others seem ok. The alien with the sinking issue however looks pale.

Our area is out of gas, and the power companies have estimated it could take two to three weeks to be restored.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear,do you have any battery powered air pumps ?
as soon as you can order a couple of Bubble Buddys from amzon /walmart ,5$ each ,
until then keep tanks aerated by pulling a bowl of water out and pouring back in through a colander as often as you can,sump too,
hope power is back on asap...

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear,do you have any battery powered air pumps ?
as soon as you can order a couple of Bubble Buddys from amzon /walmart ,5$ each ,
until then keep tanks aerated by pulling a bowl of water out and pouring back in through a colander as often as you can,sump too,
hope power is back on asap...
Sadly nowhere has any air pumps. Walmart has been sold out for some time ( mom works over near that dept). And currently no one can get to us. So it’ll be quite some time.

I found Flotsam (dottyback) and she seems ok for the most part. She’s in the barnacle, but I held the flashlight on her long enough to get her to move.

Sideshow Bob is at the surface head down and sometimes a bit twitchy. Selma is mid level. I have been using a cup to kinda stir minus a colander but that’s a great idea. I have a metal strainer (no actual colander) so will see if that will work a little better.

The largest nem is halfway up the glass. Small one still at the sand bed.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 33 24.1%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back