OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I dosed the ReBiotic to the ailing backup system yesterday. In the fashion of taking it slow, I only dosed 3g for about 75g system volume. I really hope this stuff equalizes the biome back to (or at least close) what it was when I first set it up. Fingers Crossed

I’ll be ordering the Zeovite media for all systems as well. Again, taking it slow as to not knock my balance off.

Hey Jesse,
Yes take it slow, I am finding bacteria with coral snow to be quite effective at sequestering po4, so do 24 hour test, day to day, to see the impact. Increase feeding for corals,
Rebiotic is really interesting, it adheres to all surfaces, innoculating them with bacteria, you can see it sticking to algaes, rocks, even the glass bottom. It does what it claims, so far, and that's good for me.
Thank you for following along brother, this is difficult to put to words, but after some communication with Allan, we are both picking each other's brains, and of course that helps each of us to gain new insights, from different perspectives.
Hopefully, if this continues to be revealing, perhaps "OTS" and "NTS" may not be as challenging. More to come :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, Zeolites can also run in a reactor with carbon and gfo too, it's dubbed the stack method with Aquaforest, although I wouldn't recommend unless you're high on nutrients and have a massive bioload. As Allan suggested, passive in a media sack just fine, you can even manually shake them off.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to suspend bi-weekly cleaning, but will still add snow. The Rebiotic continues to cleanse the tank, coraline back to actively sprouting, rock is looking so nice, not much left ;)

20230719_132759.jpg

Looking good bro! I am envious of your low water line, and your low rock height. I remember my dd cube was so close to the top i couldn’t really pulse any power heads and had to use reefcrest mode on almost everything.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good bro! I am envious of your low water line, and your low rock height. I remember my dd cube was so close to the top i couldn’t really pulse any power heads and had to use reefcrest mode on almost everything.

Hey Paul,
Thanks for stopping by :)
I hear what your saying, IM did a beautiful job with the design and seem to keep us reefers in mind with the template. The euro-brace is my first, it makes life so easy, in fact, should I ever decide for a larger tank, or another tank, I will no longer go rimless. For someone OCD as myself, euro-brace encourages glass cleaning, as it's a breeze ;)
All the best brother, hope you are doing well :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon!
As the smoothies are looking so sweet, really all of them, even the JD, lol... Some are in the Lagoon, some are homed in the prop tank. Here are a few from the Lagoon, standouts, as well as some not introduced quite yet :) Some are usual suspects, I will give a brief explanation of each. Thanks for following along :)

From Battlecorals, this BC Kermit the Song, is a beautiful granulosa, that goes WAY under the radar.
20230723_114045.jpg

A special piece in the smoothie collection, Peng's Cherry Tip Granulosa is a slow grower, exhibiting long extended branches. A year later roughly, and its just starting to show up. I anticipate that once she gets going, she's going to turn heads!
20230723_114053.jpg

The twin, of the co-joined JD sadly, lost its weaker twin. The piece had a dead tip, that I cut, then poof, it started rtn, so I broke it off the co-joined tissue connection, and tossed the rtn one in the yard! Anyway, a little fading cuano at the break point, but looking colorful otherwise :)
20230723_114057.jpg

TGC Bugatti has gotten alot of my attention, and for that, a local buddy Matt wanted a cut, so here's the Bugatti less that a 1" frag, lol... Fastest growing smooth skin for sure.
20230723_114250.jpg

Here's one I have been quietly, patiently sitting on. Ari's Avalanche. This is a slower grower, and doesn't want to show the pearly white yet, although it recently did, and is actively growing, fingers crossed, one of my favorites in Tim's collection as a colony.
20230723_114259.jpg

Hands down, my favorite smoothie, acquired from Jesse, Peng's Purple Tip is a fast grower, with insane coloration. The tips show why I love KZ Sponge Power!!!
20230723_114351.jpg

At some point, if this one gets close to Tim's mama, will become the favorite, she has potential! Therman's Sublime Granulosa.
20230723_114414.jpg

From AV99, Tim, this Aquascene Ice Fire Echinata will eventually be a top contender. Finicky, very sensitive, thin branched, I have been sitting on her for awhile, without mention ;)
20230723_114428.jpg

Holy smokes! Battlecorals BC Colorado Rainbow, unreleased, from the vault, hand-picked. So you don't like green huh? Those tips though!
20230723_114434.jpg

Purple and pretty, the VERY special request for the JF Purple Blade Simplex, satisfies my thirst for the ORA Dustins Deepwater. Thought to be a Simplex as well. So, while not my favorite, a sentimental piece to me.
20230723_114404.jpg

I have several more, some not quite photo worthy, too small, or in the prop system. I will get around to photos from that system.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon!
As the smoothies are looking so sweet, really all of them, even the JD, lol... Some are in the Lagoon, some are homed in the prop tank. Here are a few from the Lagoon, standouts, as well as some not introduced quite yet :) Some are usual suspects, I will give a brief explanation of each. Thanks for following along :)

From Battlecorals, this BC Kermit the Song, is a beautiful granulosa, that goes WAY under the radar.
20230723_114045.jpg

A special piece in the smoothie collection, Peng's Cherry Tip Granulosa is a slow grower, exhibiting long extended branches. A year later roughly, and its just starting to show up. I anticipate that once she gets going, she's going to turn heads!
20230723_114053.jpg

The twin, of the co-joined JD sadly, lost its weaker twin. The piece had a dead tip, that I cut, then poof, it started rtn, so I broke it off the co-joined tissue connection, and tossed the rtn one in the yard! Anyway, a little fading cuano at the break point, but looking colorful otherwise :)
20230723_114057.jpg

TGC Bugatti has gotten alot of my attention, and for that, a local buddy Matt wanted a cut, so here's the Bugatti less that a 1" frag, lol... Fastest growing smooth skin for sure.
20230723_114250.jpg

Here's one I have been quietly, patiently sitting on. Ari's Avalanche. This is a slower grower, and doesn't want to show the pearly white yet, although it recently did, and is actively growing, fingers crossed, one of my favorites in Tim's collection as a colony.
20230723_114259.jpg

Hands down, my favorite smoothie, acquired from Jesse, Peng's Purple Tip is a fast grower, with insane coloration. The tips show why I love KZ Sponge Power!!!
20230723_114351.jpg

At some point, if this one gets close to Tim's mama, will become the favorite, she has potential! Therman's Sublime Granulosa.
20230723_114414.jpg

From AV99, Tim, this Aquascene Ice Fire Echinata will eventually be a top contender. Finicky, very sensitive, thin branched, I have been sitting on her for awhile, without mention ;)
20230723_114428.jpg

Holy smokes! Battlecorals BC Colorado Rainbow, unreleased, from the vault, hand-picked. So you don't like green huh? Those tips though!
20230723_114434.jpg

Purple and pretty, the VERY special request for the JF Purple Blade Simplex, satisfies my thirst for the ORA Dustins Deepwater. Thought to be a Simplex as well. So, while not my favorite, a sentimental piece to me.
20230723_114404.jpg

I have several more, some not quite photo worthy, too small, or in the prop system. I will get around to photos from that system.
Looking smoooooth bro!

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good afternoon!

20230723_114045.jpg

20230723_114053.jpg

20230723_114057.jpg

20230723_114250.jpg

20230723_114259.jpg

20230723_114351.jpg

20230723_114414.jpg

20230723_114428.jpg

20230723_114434.jpg

20230723_114404.jpg

The icefire has gotta be one of the best old school acros!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get the green tips on this? Mine is a super deep purple with red polyps but the tips are almost blue.. it’s cooking under a halide.

Not sure of PAR, but the FF seems to get a lighter base with higher light, it's camping around 20" away from actual lamps! Likely the tips are enhanced with KZ Sponge Power, it definitely helps tip colors glow. Likely trace, not sure, but sponges grow like crazy on rock in the sump :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living vicariously through you with all the smoothies Perry!

Tim,
These are the ones that stood out in a photo session. I have several more, probably around 40 different smooth skins. I really like that they reveal more as they mature, it's like getting a new coral, lol. The prop tank now has sand, an effort towards continuing improvement on diversity and biome.
Thanks for checking things out :)

Back