My new anemone and Nemo

rojhonelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I finally got an anemone for my fish he has been settling quite well [emoji2]. What’s the best way to feed this little guy the fish seems pretty aggressive with him and wanted to be sure. He has been five days in the tank still seem to be moving around trying to find his perfect spot. Help!?
b91ff26e3dcf4fe7458f80cc62d4fb65.jpg
8def696b64ca735ab6ffb9ebb31d70d9.jpg
fec2235b8fea791f50aa9f86fc1bccf5.jpg

OP
OP
rojhonelle

rojhonelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
54629cb02ed4cb5f9f99f953205728f5.jpg

I fed the fish earlier he seem to be taking the food inside the coral and eating from there

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let him get settled for a week or so before ya start feeding him.i never feed mine.had the same mother for 15 years.she has split probably 30 times over the years.it does catch food that I feed the fish but I have never fed it directly.it's an rbt and they do just fine without feeding.not sure about other species however.

DSCF5557.JPG

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a Clarkii? Nice fish. They really nuzzle anemones in my experience. If the clown was there first, the anemone may be trying to settle in while the clown is relentlessly rubbing it. It may be the case that the anemone is moving around for this reason. You may want to consider putting the clown in a sump or acclimation box until the anemone settles in and then reintroduce him.

Any other details like tank size and parameters may indicate other issues.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
54629cb02ed4cb5f9f99f953205728f5.jpg

I fed the fish earlier he seem to be taking the food inside the coral and eating from there

This is normal and the anemone benefits from any bits of food that drop. My Clarkiis used to jam food into their H. Magnifica’s mouth if it was too big for them.

OP
OP
rojhonelle

rojhonelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let him get settled for a week or so before ya start feeding him.i never feed mine.had the same mother for 15 years.she has split probably 30 times over the years.it does catch food that I feed the fish but I have never fed it directly.it's an rbt and they do just fine without feeding.not sure about other species however.

DSCF5557.JPG

Oh ok nice thanks for info [emoji2]

OP
OP
rojhonelle

rojhonelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a Clarkii? Nice fish. They really nuzzle anemones in my experience. If the clown was there first, the anemone may be trying to settle in while the clown is relentlessly rubbing it. It may be the case that the anemone is moving around for this reason. You may want to consider putting the clown in a sump or acclimation box until the anemone settles in and then reintroduce him.

Any other details like tank size and parameters may indicate other issues.

I’m honestly not sure if the kind I will research that [emoji25]. Yes, the fish was there first and the second night in he has been inseparable. It’s only a 3g tank, I believe he is trying to get to to the big rocks because I bought him on this tiny one. Now I’m learning that they WALK, that was exciting!!!!!!! [emoji23]

OP
OP
rojhonelle

rojhonelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is normal and the anemone benefits from any bits of food that drop. My Clarkiis used to jam food into their H. Magnifica’s mouth if it was too big for them.

Oh my he seem so aggressive I thought something g was wrong [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]. They are so beautiful thou watching how the fish just cuddles in there [emoji7]. It’s right by my bed I watch h them every night now ...

Back