saltwater pond build thread

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is just a build thread i am starting up im setting up a pond in beginning of may and wanted to log the drawings etc somewhere knowledgeable people can give advice/comment on stuff. its a 300 gallon oval pond i am going to be installing a pvc ribcage into the sand bed to give fish and my eel a ton of varying sized holes to hide in (a koran angel cant get to a blenny in a hole the size of a blenny for example)

this is the equipment list so far on initial setup this is not going to be a reef so i am not running a skimmer on the pond: 3 300 watt heaters, two phytotanks for refugiums, a 200 lb dry rock mound, 100 pounds of a year old live rock, and a smartpond uv clarifier/aqua sterilizer.
1678923432495.png

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally, I’m not a fan of look down tanks, but besides that I’d be worried that the ‘rib cage’ will be a place to go for sick/dying fish… that you won’t be able to remove.

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally, I’m not a fan of look down tanks, but besides that I’d be worried that the ‘rib cage’ will be a place to go for sick/dying fish… that you won’t be able to remove.
ive reworked that idea into driving the pipes into the sand vertically so that my hands can fit in them and i can see in them

TOP 10 Trending Threads

BUY OR DIY! WHICH DO YOU PREFER? SHARE YOUR DIY PROJECTS IN THE THREAD!

• I prefer to buy!

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • I prefer to DIY!

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • It depends on the project or equipment I need!

Votes: 54 60.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back