SBB - AFTERPARTY SALE- 3 day event 1750 corals. Our Largest sale ever!

mww00ds

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking up picking up this simple tank chemistry monitor from Amazon. Hopefully itll help keep some of my peremeters in better control, since im really bad about testing. Anyone have thoughts?

Screenshot_20241009_163312_Samsung Internet.jpg

wjm6449

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was in need I turned a Christmas ornament into a stand

In my defense, it’s a frag stand Christmas ornament. Which is just the frag stand. With a little extension and some string. Easily converted back to frag stand

For a second I got excited thinking that it would spin a frag in the water like a tree… which would be pretty cool.

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thinking up picking up this simple tank chemistry monitor from Amazon. Hopefully itll help keep some of my peremeters in better control, since im really bad about testing. Anyone have thoughts?

Screenshot_20241009_163312_Samsung Internet.jpg
I don’t think anything it tests for is useful, or eliminates any of the things we should be testing for. I also question its accuracy / calibration for certain things in saltwater

mww00ds

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you needing anything else
Not yet. I got home and noticed my sump was a little low on water and realized I need to pay more attention to that now that I live in a desert dry climate and not a rainforest lol. So I also thought I should check my salinity and it was high. Due to the evaporation. So yeah. Need to look into a basic quick tester/ monitor. I really wish I could afford the Hydro controller with that all built in, but not yet.

6t4nova

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not yet. I got home and noticed my sump was a little low on water and realized I need to pay more attention to that now that I live in a desert dry climate and not a rainforest lol. So I also thought I should check my salinity and it was high. Due to the evaporation. So yeah. Need to look into a basic quick tester/ monitor. I really wish I could afford the Hydro controller with that all built in, but not yet.
You have an ATO?

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or...and this would be pretty wild and cutting edge as far as reefs go....get an ato.

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Make tank correct salinity and fill sump to desired level

Put piece of tape or line with sharpie at the water line in return chamber

When sump return chamber goes more than an inch below the line, your salinity is high. Add rodi and fill back to the line, your salinity will be corrected

6t4nova

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm gonna look up some simple diy ATO's, all the pre-made ones are bit expensive right now.
I'll look in my spare supplies. I think I have one of the amazon ones with the sensor but I don't have the pump for it. If I can find it and you want to tinker with it, it's yours

Back