Sooo what in the world is this !

sharkbait-uhaha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always noticed small fine red hair sticking out of my sand every now and then , especially when lights out . But today I was doing some sand bed vacuuming and notice something move in the sand bed and i ended up sucking it up. After I was done with the task, I went back and looked in the bucket and noticed this weird looking thing moving inside . Looks like some crazy parasite that could somehow go inside you and end up controlling you in one way or another lol

Attached is the best pic I could get of the thing .

97254230-9D35-4049-97B9-CFB3D4CEDA7C.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always noticed small fine red hair sticking out of my sand every now and then , especially when lights out . But today I was doing some sand bed vacuuming and notice something move in the sand bed and i ended up sucking it up. After I was done with the task, I went back and looked in the bucket and noticed this weird looking thing moving inside . Looks like some crazy parasite that could somehow go inside you and end up controlling you in one way or another lol

Spaghetti or Hair Worm:
Looks like either a hair worm (Cirratulidae) or a spaghetti worm (Terebellide) to me - if the tentacles all come out from a single point, it’s a spaghetti worm; if they come out from basically all over the body it’s a hair worm.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Possible spaghetti but get it in a container for positive id of its strands especially if moving. If spaghetti, safe and eats detritus and uneaten food

Back