SPS Polyp Disease

Dan Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a fungal infection?

I have the same issue and I’m wondering if someone tried fluconazole or other fungal treatments

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a fungal infection?

I have the same issue and I’m wondering if someone tried fluconazole or other fungal treatments

Verify your salinity. I had the problem go away in a month after correcting my salinity, I was trusting a calibrated refractometer that was wrong. My salinity was 1.022. After raising to 1.025 the issue cleared up real fast. I highly suggest getting one of these. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/high...qr_e5ssJmZcioW3cUMn3kRjQWF5Ue4nsaAnGsEALw_wcB

Dan Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I have this one. Salinity is in check!

I’m seriously considering treating with fluconazole as it’s one of the few options I never see someone with the same problem trying.

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I have this one. Salinity is in check!

I’m seriously considering treating with fluconazole as it’s one of the few options I never see someone with the same problem trying.
I actually treated with both cipro and fluco, however did much to help. Imo the biggest change, was when I stopped dosing kalk and switched to a 3 part that balanced out my big 3.

Mad Doc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually treated with both cipro and fluco, however did much to help. Imo the biggest change, was when I stopped dosing kalk and switched to a 3 part that balanced out my big 3.
I noticed in another thread you mentioned you stopped your issue? Is this now back ? Did stopping kalk and going to 3 part not help?

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed in another thread you mentioned you stopped your issue? Is this now back ? Did stopping kalk and going to 3 part not help?
Hi. No my issue is not back thank god!! But yes once i stopped the KALK and went to a 3 part, all seem to stop.

justy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put in new frags do they grow or do they stall?
Sorry for the late reply, yes they all get affected, I initially get some basing out then after a couple of months that slows. And after that terminal branches start to get slightly bumpy looking and all growth stops.

HOW ARE YOUR CORALS DOING TODAY? HONEST ANSWERS ONLY!

• Everything seems to be doing great!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Almost everything is doing good!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Some are doing good, others not so much...

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • They're okay, I guess.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • They're not doing too well right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not good at all...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 1 9.1%
Back